Coyote Decoy

Cactus could be that things worst nightmare.
smile.gif

Actually, it doesn't look too bad in my opinion. Coyotes wouldn't know the difference.
I mean, we use pump-up turkey decoys all the time. Some of them look pretty lame, but the turkeys don't worry about it.

Pumping it up and carrying through brush, cactus etc. could be the problem. Open areas like in the photo shouldn't be a problem.

coyoutepumpup.jpg

Some of the shotgun shooters that let them get right up to the decoy had better bring a lot of patches just in case. In my case the only time a coyote gets close to the decoy is when I drag him by it. You have got to admit that it would be hilarious to see a hunter shoot the decoy in the heat of battle and to watch it deflate.

well i have a few things to say about the blow up decoy. I am the one that designed it. They are used in most states and numerous other countries They work in heat and cold, weigh only 1/2 pond and withstand winds too strong to shoot in. They are actually a puppet decoy. I began using them for coyotes with my usual single shot 223. I had such a response with it from the coyotes, badgers, bobcats and cougars that i now hunt with an AR and shotgun. I have now taken in 8 shows on the road through Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. When used with a simple fishing reel and rabbit hide i have gotten numerous species of predators to come in, whether close to the decoy or at least came out of cover because they heard a rabbit call or coyote vocalization and sometimes fawn, calf and pup distress. I give them a moving action to go with the sound they heard. I have not got a fox to come to it, i am not a fox hunter. I will have a fox, fawn deer, rabbits, crow and magpie in the next year.

I am not the slightest offended by various comments about something that people are ignorant of. Necessity is the mother of all inventions.

I will have a how to video out in a few weeks. I advertise in the varmint hunter and predator extreme magazines.

I am collecting filming footage in various states with both coyote guides and call makers.

Call me 541-398-1056 i will return all calls that are missed. preyonthepredator@gmail.com

Would someone explain how i can add a photo?

Thank you all Ed Sparks

thumbup.gif

Go back to that far tree line then turn and have a look.

If ya didnt know better I bet plenty would be setting up to range a shot or getting on the calls trying to get it to come in.

Pretty neat.

Its stuff like this that makes some people rich.
grin.gif

Cool invention, Pred Chaser

I think it's a GREAT idea... would love to see some video. The only problem I see is that some of these guys may be to windy to blow it up without bursting their investment.

My only problem with it is that on some of the private land I hunt also stocks horses and once in a while cattle... I have enough problem with not getting my caller trampled by them when I fire it up, and I'd hate to think what would happen to a decoy like that...Certainly looks real enough to me for it's purpose and I'm sure it would to them...

No apologies needed for sure. We are all here because we have a common interest. I just finished a show in Coeur d'Alene Idaho. I will be in Boise Idaho show on January 15-16 2011. I am seeking guides that guide for predators without dog in Montana, Wyoming, Oregon, Idaho or Washington. I want to make videos together to promote your business and my decoy. I also would like to do the same with call makers. I will promote by putting videos and information on my tables and play the videos on my screens.

As far as a how to video i will begin working on it in a few days. I will announce it on here and on you tube. I will only charge shipping and handling for the how to use video.

I fully believe this decoy is as versatile as calls and callers. Any questions please call.

Black wolf,

I use various hand calls(of course)
wink.gif
and a fox pro fury for when i set an entire scenario with the decoy farhter away to get all attention away from myself. I also will use various sounds on the remote to see what all i make move or come out of an area. So much for the prerequisite.

I am in great need of a cougar and/or bobcat kitten call, preferably an open reed. I can find adult calls but but not a kitten/kitten distress. I don't think there is one out there.

Some states are no chase states, also my state does not allow electronic calls for big game including cougars.

SO I NEED A KITTEN/KITTEN DISTRESS MOUTH CALL.

What do you think?

Necessity is the mother of all invention! Well done, Predator Chaser!

Price is reasonable compared to other current offerings. What portable inflation solutions do you recommend? I'm usually winded get fat butt to my stands and would pass out or die trying to inflate this.

Originally Posted By: predator chaser
SO I NEED A KITTEN/KITTEN DISTRESS MOUTH CALL.

What do you think?

Contact Rainshadow on here re the kitten distress idea. He is a stand up guy and knowledgable on big cats. I think you might end up with a hand call that does other vocalizations rather than a kitten, but contact Steve to find out for sure.

This guy:

http://www.rain-shadow.com/calls/index.htm

There are numerous battery operated inflators at the marts or harbor freight and sportsmansguide. They actually inflate easily....but i will warn you one time upfront...make sure your friends don't have a phone or camera handy when you do. I had a hard time finding an out of the way place to put the valve...well you will see. I have blowed them up at shows and people get a great laugh...even text mesage the photos to friends and then they end up in my email...all is good. One real good thing about electric inflators is that they deflate to a smaller package.

I carry my rabbit hide and small reel, nails for stakes and wire ties in left cargo pocket and the decoy in the pocket on the other side. All i need to have a complete basic kit. I have not figured out how to add a photo on here, when i do i will send a photo of a basic kit i carry to get the most out of the inflatable, puppet decoy.

Thanks

ed

Ed:

Years back I knew several guys that were using actual taxidermy coyote mounts for decoys. I made a coyote silhouette from a piece of plywood, then I covered with a coyote pelt that had been boraxed. We felt that a sitting decoy worked better that a standing decoy. In most cases, the oncoming coyote would approach the decoy from its back or tail side. The following pic shows my decoy:

_Decoy94B.jpg

You can also take a look at a thread that I posted concerning decoys:

Handcrafted Coyote Decoy & Calling Suggestions

Last edited:
I had to order one of these Party Doll Dogs... nothing like starting out the New Year a little different. The price is Great as well... now if I can only convince my partner to be the inflater... because you know... he who buys... the other inflates... right!

Back