Ben's First 'Cat...then another...and another...and.... PART 1

Thanks a lot everybody! It was an amazing day. It's a pretty dang good for us to kill 4 coyotes in one day, let alone 'cats!

Weaponx: From what the guy we gave them to said, the high cats will be around $500. We didn't want to go through the hassel of skinning/fleshing/stretching and then driving 180 miles to a fur auction to sell them, so we gave them to a friend who usually gives us pretty fair prices on coyotes/cats in the round. I kept my third cat for tanning because it was the biggest and prettiest of the 3, and sold the other 2. One didn't have great belly fur and the other was smaller, so I hoping for 250-300 out of mine together.

Gonzaga: We talked about it
wink.gif

Duane: YES IT DOES! It's been a long time comin', but it sure turned out good! I got a cat for almost every year I've been trying to get one
thumbup.gif

Tony: I'd like to say we did, but not so much. We knew that somebody had been trapping it a year or two ago, so we figured that there could be cats. I'm glad I was watching up hill. On the second double, it was just a good looking spot that SHOULD have cats on it. We were just lucky to be in the right spots. I think we might continue around both of these rims later in the year and see if we can't pick up a couple more.

On a side note, I had invited my cousin to come with us, but he said he had to help with a wrestling tournament. Needless to say, we are going hunting tomorrow
laugh.gif

I was using my Rem. 700 SPS Varmint in .17 Fireball. It doesn't leave ANY fur damage so far. The real negative to it is that on large coyotes pass 200-225 yards you absolutely have to make an excellent shot or else you may lose the coyote. If I had been packing my .243AI a couple other times this year we could have had more fur in the truck, but it's a give and take situation. I really enjoying blowing up smaller varmints, but coyotes I would rather have in one piece even if I am not skinning them myself.

Originally Posted By: firstcoueswas80You gotta be shittin' me... 4 cats in two days?! Bad asss!!

Actually, all four of them were down by 2:00 on the same day! Pretty unbelievable but true! We had one two-'cat day a couple of years ago but this was pretty insane. I don't know if I'll live long enough to see another day like this one but I hope so!

Tim
No Off Season
no-off-season.com

"No crowds, no limits, no seasons...no bad days."

Back