Foxpro sounds for calling daytime coons?

Page

I'm getting ready to purchase a Firestorm and was curious what sounds you guys have had the most luck with for calling daytime coons. Any info is appreciated!!!

Raccoon fight is one we have used and it has worked really well to get them out of their den trees, also one of the raccoon distress sounds has worked. some young coon sounds wouldn't hurt.

Irish80 said it pretty well....Raccoon Puppies or Raccoon Twitter is nice to start off with and then move to the Raccoon Fight and Raccoon Distress. We generally play at about half volume to keep from pulling them out of trees that are on down but outside of our view.

If the Raccoon is stubburn, don't be afraid to switch up the sound on him. Also, we generally sit no longer than 5 minutes at a stand...if no movement, we pick up and move down 100-200 yards.

I might also suggest to be quiet on your approach and the MOJO Critter really helps us to pull them out of the hole.
Adding the visual to go with the sound seems to get them all fired up.

Here's a link to a YouTube video on Daytime Raccoon Calling if you are interested....

Best of luck and Happy Hunting,

Richie
TBR Outdoors

Den trees will generally be found along a creek bank or crop field...as raccoons need water to survive. The bigger and older trees you can find, the better.
Raccoons will also den in dozer decks, creek banks, old houses, etc. Best thing to do is to look for tracks and scat after rain or snow (if you get any of that white stuff).
smile.gif

If you can get in an area where you feel they are holed up, be quiet on your approach and your sure to find success sooner than later.

Richie
TBR Outdoors

Originally Posted By: TBR_OutdoorsDen trees will generally be found along a creek bank or crop field...as raccoons need water to survive. The bigger and older trees you can find, the better.
Raccoons will also den in dozer decks, creek banks, old houses, etc. Best thing to do is to look for tracks and scat after rain or snow (if you get any of that white stuff).
smile.gif

If you can get in an area where you feel they are holed up, be quiet on your approach and your sure to find success sooner than later.

Richie
TBR Outdoors

thanks for the tips ... i now know where im headed to know of a place that should be perfect .

Yep we use the mojo critter too and it really keeps their attention. I don't know about where you live but coons are thick as snot here, if you find a hollow tree coons are probably in it. That pretty much goes for everywhere else TBR mentioned. Good luck and get after 'em.

Better check your state regs. Some states prohibit use of Electronic callers for coon ... SC being one of them. Wouldn't want to hear of you getting a fine for using them if they are prohibited in your state.

Back