I want a 22 hornet But???

Originally Posted By: mark shubertLuke, let's petition Henry rifles!!! Should be do-able! I like your idea!
Mark

Sadly I e-mailed Henry RAC about 1-2 years ago making that very suggestion. Said that it would make a wonderful diminutive version of the 30-30 for a tube fed rifle. Unfortunately Mr Imperato (spelling?) responded personally (which is pretty cool if you ask me) saying that the suggestion comes up from time to time but they think it would appeal to such a small niche market that it wouldn't sell much and they couldn't make a profit on the rifle
frown.gif
Sadly he made a lot of sense there. But I would still love to have a Golden Boy .22 Hornet!

The lever action that I think would be neat is the Ruger 96-22, if they can do this with the 77-22 why can't they do it with the lever action. I believe that would be a real temptation and I don't really need four 22 hornets.

I own the Ruger M77 in sporter weight (20" barrel), and love it. With handloads, it will shoot sub-moa.

Whatever Hornet you get, load it up with Lilgun and use a small pistol primer. This combination seems to work great in most Hornets.

Originally Posted By: TripleDeuce660I would get the cz. I would also consider the .221 fireball.Its is pretty similar but tends to be more accurate and easier to reload.

Brass life is a little better too, but buying brass to handload is twice as expensive
frown.gif

My Hornet is a Ruger #3, that's been rechambered to K-Hornet. Makes the brass last longer (advantage #1). Gets a little more velocity (advantage #2). Mine likes Lil-gun, and also shoots better with small rifle primers. 40 gr V-max.
Mark

Luke, if you think 221 fireball brass is expensive get a couple of form and trim dies and make them out of 223s, if nothing else it will make factory brass seem cheaper.

I do have to m77's and am happy with the accuracy, after finding the right round all my rugers seem to be picky about what they eat. How is the noise and pelt damage with the 221 fireball. I have shot a browning single shot forget the model number in 22 hornet and love it but i cant justify 1400 when i get one for 800 would like to be able to get a nice piece of glass for it as well.

My vote goes to the Browning A-Bolt Micro Hunter. As was mentioned above they can be hard to find. The CZ sure is nice too. I looked into getting a Ruger and while I like them I have heard they can be a bit finicky sometimes. Good luck, Dave

Originally Posted By: Blackhawk43Luke, if you think 221 fireball brass is expensive get a couple of form and trim dies and make them out of 223s, if nothing else it will make factory brass seem cheaper.

I honestly didnt consider doing that. I havent learned a lot about case modifications yet, so that was news to me. Kinda like learning that I could take a 264 Win case and form it into a 257 WBY without spengind a fortune on Norma brass 8)

I have the CZ. Love everything about it but the magazine. The way they have th mag set up, it will only take short bullets because it has a block in it that looks like it was modified from a mag for a different caliber. I modified the mag to take a longer bullet, but it was a pain. I think there is someone modifying them and selling them. Other than that, super trigger, and a very accurate rifle.

Back