O.K. I'm a thief

Nikon_Man

Been stealing coyote turds from across town. I am thinking about putting the turds out around my trapping area. My question is, do you think it would help my trapping chances or hurt them as in being a strange coyote in the neighborhood,or if I am strange for doing this?

I don't know if it would help to just put them out randomly, but to collect them to use at sets as eye appeal works for me. I think I read about it in a Dobbins book, and have been doing it for a few years now. If you spray them down a few times with a 50/50 water/glycol solution, it preserves them a little.

A friggin turd thief! They go out of their way to place those hairy cigars in just the right place and you come along and pick them up. How low is that.

That coyote spirit that left old Skinners coyote will be lookin for you buddy!

One good tool in coyote trapping, make them think another is trespassing in their area. They want to know who it is, what they been eating and they can tell if the other is healthy or not and what sex they are, so I have been told. I use them all the time, especially on territorial sets.

coyote droppings are deadly !!! with or without a lil gland lure and urine. in my experience a dropping from another area
is a coyote killer a man here in new mexico in his lifetime kille dover 25,000 coyotes on droppings and urine many time straight urine.........your ahea dof th egame with a good supply of droppings. a dropping and a trap placed in front of it in my case a hands width away and even transplanting a bush to serve as a baking and a few squirts of urine
some times alittle gland lure on the dropping.
watch your dog around a coyote dropping out and about sometime and will give you a little hint

good luck to you

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesA friggin turd thief! They go out of their way to place those hairy cigars in just the right place and you come along and pick them up. How low is that.

LOL,

Thanks Guys.

Originally Posted By: Nikon_ManOriginally Posted By: doggin coyotesA friggin turd thief! They go out of their way to place those hairy cigars in just the right place and you come along and pick them up. How low is that.

LOL,

Thanks Guys.

Your what we'd call in the construction industry a "TURD HERDER"

coyotes are nasty vermin that think with two things...

1. their gut
2. their private parts...

why not set the traps where you picked up the turds???

Somebody once had a sig line went something like this:

"If ya can't screw it, then eat it. The coyote way"

I always thought it was pretty much spot on.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ksboy2coyotes are nasty vermin that think with two things...

1. their gut
2. their private parts...

why not set the traps where you picked up the turds???
amen

Back