Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#175410 - 06/04/02 04:26 PM Re: Bleaching Skulls
spacecowboy Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: new england
in texas.. we just toss skulls on top of the antbed.. in a few days its bone white.. best way to boil large things is get a 4 legged cast iron
fireplace grate or something similar..a welder can make you one thats about 2 foot tall for $10
then sit a clean 55 gallon drum on it fill it
with the desired amount of liquid needed and
light the fire under it..hope this helps..sc

#175411 - 06/06/02 03:19 AM Re: Bleaching Skulls
Amy Partlow Offline

Loc: Center, Tx
Thanks spacecowboy...
I will keep that in mind. Seems thats how someone else told me how to do it once. Altho, i havent gottin a fresh enough one for me to have to do that yet.. The ones I get have pretty much been sitting for a while, and just found... There usually pretty clean, except for a lil black and dirty here and there... I have done 10 so far... Still havnt gottin any pictures done yet... Im a bad procrastinator sometimes, or my boyfreind is, cuz he hasnt gottin any film yet for the camera... Still workin on it tho..
Been a lil pre-occupied lately tho, got wedding plans to do. Gettin married in October. Ole James is gonna have him a daughter-in-law LoL, he will probably take me huntin for a wedding present, I wouldnt mind tho.....
Talk to yall soon... Im off to bed!!
TooDLeZ
TeXaS_TrOuBLe

#175412 - 06/06/02 11:22 PM Re: Bleaching Skulls
River Runner Offline
PM is my life

Loc: Bloomington, WI
Just please tell me this isn't one of them Texas Shotgun Weddings

#175413 - 06/07/02 12:09 AM Re: Bleaching Skulls
James Lindley Offline
Retired Moderator

Loc: Shelbyville, Texas
Wedding? :eek: What wedding :eek: :eek: ???? Who to? :eek: WTH???? :eek: lol Just joking... She is going to make a fine daughter-in-law. I'll pass on the hunting trip as a wedding present though lol.... James L.

#175414 - 06/08/02 03:01 AM Re: Bleaching Skulls
Amy Partlow Offline

Yeah.. Its good to know they like me around there... LoL, especially for my food! I Love to cook, and they love to eat it. Guess I still owe ya some Sausage Bread, huh? Will try to get that for ya when I got the money to go shoppin...
I was only kidding about the hunting trip, will probably get plenty of those later down the road... Think it kinda comes with the territory! Looking forward to all that comes tho, got me a good man, I guess he might take after his daddy, who knows ........

TooDLeZ from TeXaS

TeXaS_TrOuBLe55

#175415 - 06/08/02 12:38 PM Re: Bleaching Skulls
James Lindley Offline
Retired Moderator

[QUOTE]Think it kinda comes with the territory! Looking forward to all that comes tho, got me a good man, I guess he might take after his daddy, who knows ........[/QUOTE]Now tell what ya really want??? :eek: lol
>>James L.

#175416 - 06/08/02 11:03 PM Re: Bleaching Skulls
Amy Partlow Offline

Didn't really mean nothin by it. Just meant, I guess, that the hunting will come with the territory(Jamie). Hell, already been fishin, coonin, squirl, deer, and half/ass beaverin with him, dont mind none of it. At least he's got him a girl that will, not just let him, but will also go with him when his buddies dont want to.
As for the good guy...... Yeah, he's alot like ya. Ya raised em good, thats what I love about em.
TooDLeZ

TeXaS_TrOuBLe55

#175417 - 06/08/02 11:07 PM Re: Bleaching Skulls
Amy Partlow Offline

I just reread what ya wrote...

I thought you said "tell what ya really meant"
but you said "want"..

Dont want anything else. Got what I want, all I will ever need. He's one of the good ones, not gonna let him go... So, means your stuck with me for a long time!

TX_TRBL55

#175418 - 06/10/02 02:53 AM Re: Bleaching Skulls
Bluedeacon Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: A desert called Mohave, 6' Nor...
Well Congrat to the two of you, may you have a great life together. For the honeymoon you could come to the PM hunt in Globe??

#175419 - 06/27/02 11:30 PM Re: Bleaching Skulls
Amy Partlow Offline

Was just let you know, Im workin on gettin a PIC of my CowSculls on here...... Got one scanned and ready to go, if this website will just let me save everything.. I have went to hunting-pictures.com like you said, and its given me hell. I'll keep workin on it tho...

TeXaS_TrOuBLe55

#175420 - 06/27/02 11:39 PM Re: Bleaching Skulls
Amy Partlow Offline

I give up for 2nite.....
Its not showing any of my pics...
Nor my background or nothing... Just Text!!!!!
IM BOUT TO SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T_T

#175421 - 06/28/02 11:20 AM Re: Bleaching Skulls
Sean Martin Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: back in the piney woods
Welcome to the board Amy .
you didn't realize what you were getting yourself into when you started dating Jamie did you . But we are glad to have you around future niece-in-law

Sean

#175422 - 06/29/02 09:33 AM Re: Bleaching Skulls
River Runner Offline
PM is my life

Loc: Bloomington, WI
What's all the rucus in here? Amy, you still having probs with hunt-pics.com?
Talk to me.

#175423 - 07/01/02 10:58 PM Re: Bleaching Skulls
Texas 4x4 Offline

Loc: San Antonio, Texas
Hi, I'm on the FFA Wildlife team at Sandra Day O' Connor High school in Helotes, Texas. My ag teacher is always telling us to collect skulls from different game animals so that we can practice identifying them for the techniques part of the wildlife contests. He was at some wildlife conference or something a couple of weeks ago and he told us that people from the other teams just let the skulls soak in a bucket of water for a few weeks and things in the water get all the meat off and clean the brains out. He said the skulls looked very clean and advised us to start doing that for the skulls we collect. You might ought to try that. Hope this helps.

#175424 - 07/02/02 12:10 AM Re: Bleaching Skulls
James Lindley Offline
Retired Moderator

Texas 4X4.. Did you smell those skulls? If you didn't smell them then they did something to them besides just letting them sit in a bucket of water. I cann't think of anything more rank than an animals skull that has been sitting in a bucket of water for a couple of weeks to get the meat off of it.

Most people use a peroxide solution to kill the smell after it has been through the defleshing. As far as getting the flesh off there are faster ways than setting in a bucket but I cann't think of one that smells good.

The bleaching that Amy is talking about is done to turn the skull a brilliant white before it is being painted. The problem she ran into with the one skull is the fact it came off a 2000 lb + brahma/simatal(sp) bull with a horn width of about 2 feet. The skull is about 2.5 feet long and just to danged big to get it in a 5 gal. bucket. I don't think the thing would fit in a #3 washtub it is so big. I have one of the horn slips and it is 11 inches long and it is four inches in diameter. And that is with about 6 inches of the tip originally cut of so the old bull wouldn't gore you......... James L.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  AWS 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.