RRA Predator Pursuit vs. Varmint A4

Z71Chevy

I am looking to buy my first AR and have it narrowed down to these two (maybe bushmaster varminter too). What is the main differances between the Predator Pursuit and the Varmint? Is the accuracy the same with both guns? Whats the barrel diameter on the Predator Pursuit? Thanks

I can't speak for the pursuit but I have the varmint a4 in 20in and it is very acurate. 1/2in at 100yds all day. You will be pleased with both. And mines for sale by the way to fund a 1kyard project. 40rds down the tube.

I'm no AR expert but the predator pursuit has a slimmer barrel than the A4. And I think the accuracy claim from Rock River is the same for both rifles, Grizz.

Predator pursuit is a heavy match barrell vs the heavy bull barrell of the A4. This makes the PP over a pound lighter than the A4 and in my opinion better for a coyote gun. Its what I bought when I was in your situation and narrowed down to the same uppers as you!

Z71Chevy,
Welcome to Predator Masters!
thumbup.gif

I have a RRA A4 Varmint that has a SS 16" Wilson barrel with a 1:9 twist. This rifle will shoot UMC and Winchester 45gr. JHP ammo in 1/2" groups at 100 yards.
thumbup1.gif

When I was looking to purchase my first AR, I was undecided about the barrel lengths from 16" to 20". However, I noticed that the guys that have more than one AR, their "go to AR" was always the 16" barrel. This was simply because the shorter barrel is easier to handle and the ballistic loss isn't noticed for shots inside 250 yards, on coyotes.
smile.gif

I don't know how far north you're located in Michigan, but Adco Firearms is in Sylvania, Ohio and they're just inside the Ohio line. Steve has always treated me right!
www.adcofirearms.com

Good luck with your choices!
Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Originally Posted By: jimmie

the A4 holds 1/2-3/4 all day using vmax 75grainers for me on the 1x8 twist barrel

FYI- The heaviest V-Max in .224 cal is the 60 grain. Your likely thinking of the 75 grain A-Max.

yur probly right.....the box says:
Match
hornady
.223 rem
75 gr BTHP

it was stacked with my other vmax stuff so i assumed it was same.

ok so I just picked up a predator pursuit or so I think. I look on the side and there is nothing that says predator pursuit. has the 20" check marked varmint check marked and a4 check marked. what is the diameter of the predator pursuit and the diameter on the varmint a4?

I have the Varmint and it is alittle on the heavy side. I don't mind though. It will shoot .5 moa all day with factory Vmax bullets or with my Vmax reloads.

I have the A4 varmint in a 24" barrel and I still don't see the weight slowing me down for a pack rifle. Either will be a shooter though.

bought a predator pursuit early this fall pry got maybe 80 rounds through it loves to eat hornady 55 gr factory loads @.50 to.75 @100yds all day shot the first dog w it monday morning safe to say he didnt luv my predator pursuit as much as i do get u one shot 55 gr hornadys u wont be disapointed

Back