Anyone with some home made coyote scent???

~Kit Fox~

If some one will tell me there coyote scent secret i will tell them the one i use for fox and bobcats! (shortshit630@hotmail.com)

------------------
~Kit Fox~

good ol' coyote urine is the best bait out there, summer, winter it really does not matter. I do make a bait out of the anal gland just cut the glands from around the anus (rubber gloves are recomended) and put into a blender. takes about ten coyotes per ounce. really works on the older males

Originally posted by gtrapper:
I do make a bait out of the anal gland just cut the glands from around the anus (rubber gloves are recomended) and put into a blender.

I gotta remember to never have milkshakes or margueritas if I happen to visit your house!

wink.gif

Doug

I've seen a recipe for horse hoof bait. All you do is take hoof trimmings and boil them awhile until they are soft, then put the mixture in a glass jar with a loose lid and place it in the sun for a few weeks, months, all summer etc... It is suppossed to be some of the LOUDEST smelling stuff you'll ever use and creates a strong digging response. Use it as a call lure, or in a dirt hole. Had some real good reports on it.

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often

Matt

Kit Fox,
The best coyote bait around is free and in the middle of most roads and trails......coyote droppings! I pick up every one I see and throw them all together......that way the scent from many 'yotes is on every turd and the chance of matching a set to the same 'yote that dropped the bait won't really matter. Just freshen it up every week or so with alittle coyote urine. Bought if you can't stomach cutting your way to the real source!

Catch all ya'll can...I'll get the rest!!!!!lol!!!!!!!

Back