How many Lumens?

Sierra39gr

Haven't done any night calling and was looking at lights. Cabela's has a LED with a red lense with choice of 135 lumens or 532 lumens. How big of a difference is there?

Cabela's Light

I also was wondering if a Surefire 660 was enough light?

532-135=397
tt2.gif

Sorry couldnt resist

Originally Posted By: smilinIBThere's more than a few unhappy campers if you put any value in the posted reviews.

I realize that, but none seem to be with the amount of light, just the connections. I can run a soldering gun and can deal with that problem.

I was just wondering how the brightness would stack up to some of the other more expensive lights.

Of those 2 I would select the 532. You should look at the Kill Light first, it is a better light than those Cabelas lights.

I am in the same boat trying to figure which light to get, Toss up for me between the XL100 or XL250

Just from a price standpoint the 532 Cabelas is $119 plus shipping. And uses CR batteries at $1-3 a pop

The XL250 is $119 shipped and also includes 2 batteries and charger besides the mounts and different switches.

Also, the Cabela's lights come with a red lens cover. Those rated lumens are going to be a lot less when you snap on that red lens.

If you are in doubt about the XLR100 and XLR250, just get the 250. The only downside with it (XLR250) would be if you were wanting to use it for scanning, the run time for it with the red led is a about 1/2 of what you would get with the 100.

I picked up 3 sets of coyote eyes with mine the other night at one of my baits. When i put the center of the beam on them they all just stood there. I shot one and the other 2 continued to stand there long enough for me to shoot another one.

Where are you finding the XLR250 for $119? I can't find it for under $150. Link please.

The 250 is what I would go for if I could find one affordable.

I recommend red, but color is really a personal freference. I also sell the prohunter kit that has white, red and green modules in with the light that you can swap out.

Back