Anyone have a good Homemade squrriel bait recipes

WNC Gun

Trying to find info on making some squirrel bait and need some suggestions. Preferably made from stuff at home instead of mail-order ingredients. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

They can nearly always be found raiding bird feeders. I'd just use corn kernals and sunflower seeds.

Why are you baiting them? for trapping? or hunting? The best way to trap squirrel/weasel or otehr small rodents is to take a stick, about 3-4" in diameter and lean it up against a large pine tree at a 45 degree angle. They love to run up things liek this and will use it as a shortcut 95% of the time. You just mount a snare to this and have it on top of the ramp, they'll run right through it. gl
smile.gif

Taking the nephew on his first hunt with 22's and thought we'd try for some ground squirrels. I figured the squirrel bait would work just as good on them also.
Thanks BM

Wait...I have the perfect recipe!!!!!!!!

Corn on the cob. Smothered with peanut butter. And grain and sunflower seeds on the peanut butter.

Now thats the recipe! I call it the squirrel buffet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

AlphaDog

Well this will be my first post to this board, but hey, you gotta start somewhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Some friends on the Marlin board actually turned me onto squirrel hunting, man it doesn't take long to get hooked. Once I used a leftover bag of Jumbo marshmallows. I worked good actully. Curious greys would pick one up & bat it around a little. I take 'em out with a 25mn & var2.510x42M mil-dot set-up. Kinda hard to miss. Good luck this season!

danurve, Welcome to the board.

So what your saying is dont leave a trail with them to find your way out of the woods either, uh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back