Foxpro requires older 416 units be shipped in for new sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: cbosshog79I've been fairly hands off on this one but it has just about run its course. I wish there was something constructive we could do here but it has gotten to the point that it isn't doing anyone any good.

My thoughts exactly!

DiRTY DOG,

I certainly understand your frustration with us discontinuing the .mp3 sound files off of our website 3 years ago. As stated earlier, it was taking up a huge amount of time, effort, and server space at that point in time (we were sharing servers). Let me explain. Our commitment to our sound library is undeniable. We are constantly releasing new sounds, and spending a lot of time and money in the field getting these sounds. Our sounds are very important to us, but more importantly, they are invaluable to our customers. Our sounds are only intended for FOXPRO users, period. We don't sell our sounds to other companies, and make them available in a different unit. You will only find them in a FOXPRO.
With our older units, they were limited to a 15 second or 30 second sound loop. Our new units, the sound lengths are not restricted to this time constraint. We would have to create 3 separate libraries of sounds, which is very time consuming. Ever since we discontinued this from our website over 3 years ago, there are many sounds that have never been converted, as there was never a request to do so.
It is also very important for us to protect our sound library. Not only to protect our investment, but to protect our customers. If .mp3 files were available for download, our sounds would appear everywhere for free downloads. People would be putting them on Iphones, and any caller out there that would accept an .mp3 file. The majority of our customers actually appreciate the fact that we protect our sound library the way in which we do.
As far as changing the .FXP file type, I don't think that will happen. The .FXP file type is a proprietary encryption that can be only used by FOXPRO. If someone were to offer a crack code, they would be in direct violation of the DMCA (digital millenium copyright act), which offers stiff penalties for such actions, and I can promise you that we will defend our rights. We have already stopped one person who has tried it, which proved to be very costly to the party. And we are constantly monitoring these situations so that we can take swift action against the guilty party.
I want to do what I can to keep you a satisfied customer. Send me an email to mike@gofoxpro.com, and I assure you, I will get you taken care of. Or, PM me your phone number, and I will give you a call.

Mike Dillon
FOXPRO Inc.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: calldog SHEEP!

I wanna play!

COWS

Me too!!

Goats

I've got stuff that's not very old, but parts aren't available anymore. It sucks.
Call foxpro and give them a chance, might work out.
Good luck.

Shayne

dirty dog instead of paying the 40 dollars sell the call for 75 so you are not rippin anyone off add 50 dollars and buy a echo....and you will be happy...

the sounds are far better.....

and after 2 nights in freezing temperatures it worked flawless...no padded bag needed...etc...setting on the ground and hangin on a limb.....

and the remote has 1/2" letters....

and does 200 yards easy...and is built well

i may buy one myself.....or just keep hunting with my friends who bought them....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back