Bobcat Scent

Zackster 2000

Does anyone have a good, homemade bobcat scent recipe? I have missed some cats this year and would like to try some new scent on the sets. My old homemade recipe from Colorado just doesn't seem to work as well in this desert environment. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm new to all this trapping and was wondering if you'd care to share a good recipe for Bobcats? I will understand if it's a secret.
I've been trying to get a Bobcat to come in to my e-caller for the past month and haven't had any luck as of yet, so I thought I'd try a trap. Any good live-traps you could recommend?
Thanks

What has worked fairly well in the past is made with a base of rotted fish. I usually use suckers for this. Just place the whole fish in some glass jars, put a lid on the jar and set the whole thing out in the sun for the summer. It will turn to liquid after awhile. Then add some anise oil, fresh beaver castor, catnip, glycerin (to keep it from freezing) and bobcat urine if you have it. Otherwise, you can leave it out. Some skunk essence also works pretty well.

If you don't want to go to all that trouble, you can order scent from several different companies. O'Gorman, Hawbaker, etc.

By the way, what type of e-call do you have? I hear a yellowhammer woodpecker in distress call works good for cats but have not had much luck with it myself. Only cat I have called in was with my Sceery AP-6 hand call.

Good luck with the cats, hope you get one.

Back