auto shotguns?

sigpros

Ok this might sound really dumb but I have never been around auto shotguns. I have shot pumps all my life and a couple o/u. A pump awalys served me well bird hunting. I have now got into crow hunting and thinking about doing some goose hunting with the guys I work with. So I have started looking into an auto shotgun for faster follow up shots and keeping my movement down. Or do I need to gat another BPS in camo?

Originally Posted By: sigpros and thinking about doing some goose hunting with the guys I work with.

I was straddling the fence until I heard the words "goose hunting".......

I've hunted waterfowl for years. In shirtsleeves, and in temps well below zero. The facts are that you can usually MAKE a pump gun shoot, no matter how wet it gets or what the weather is. An auto ... not so much. There are some magnificent autoloaders available now, and some of them would make an excellent goose gun. But for MY money, I'll take the pump gun in a duck or goose blind every time.

Either tim. A 3.5 would be better for the geese but that will be like a 2 or 3 times a year deal. I really think I neeed a light 20 for the crows and a 3.5 12 for the geese.

I've got a SBE2 . If I hadn't had cases of ammo for it I would have gone M2 instead.

11-87 in 3 " are good ,but 3.5 not so.
SBE2, M2 = good
SX2 ,SX3 = good

I run an SX2 in 3" and a SX3 in 3.5".

Mainly run 3" and don't have problems folding geese with BB/BBB.

Might fund a SB2/M2 American this spring/summer. They fit and feel excellent in my hands/shoulder.

Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110
Might fund a SB2/M2 American this spring/summer. They fit and feel excellent in my hands/shoulder.

Smooth as melted butta.

Just get this...
smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g77sLmw-UcY&playnext=1&list=PL7910BFC24C0C466B&index=7

Personally I don't think you absolutely need a semi-auto. Many, many, hunters do just fine with a good reliable pump gun. If you just want a new shotgun, then go for it. I strongly favor the Benelli or the Beretta guns, but others might do in a pinch.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeI've got a SBE2 . If I hadn't had cases of ammo for it I would have gone M2 instead.

Just curious? Why?

With the current ammo choices a 3" is just as good. My turkey loads pattern better in 3" vs 3.5.

There was around a $2-300 diff in the 2 guns also.

I had 3+ cases of ammo in 3.5" from my previos shotgun,that was the decideing factor. This was when ammo was in the process of doubleing in cost.

Tim

Originally Posted By: beaglerOriginally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeI've got a SBE2 . If I hadn't had cases of ammo for it I would have gone M2 instead.

Just curious? Why?

Another reason is that the SBE1/SBEII platform just hasn't proven quite as bullet proof as the M1/M2 series of guns. Nearly all of the admittedly few problems you hear of with a Benelli is with the 3 1/2" guns.

Back