CZ 527 American prices

I love my little CZ's. I can't get myself to sell my 17 Rem Varmint. It just shoots too nice. Unfortunately the wood on mine is about as plain as a chairleg, but it is solid and works. So I am not afraid to scratch it or ding it up a little while hunting. I have actually taken my longest shot, killed coyote with it.

I still have a CZ 527 Action in the safe. Someday I will re-barrel it to something neat.

FLC, I'd just get a little 204 sporter. My CZ 527 American, 204 is my mostly used go to rifle. Things just fall over dead when they get in front of it. Very light, maneuverable, and very accurite.

221 Brass is stupid/crazy priced now. I use it on my 20 Vartarg. Since I got the 20 VT and the 17 FB, I don't have a 221 anymore. I do have a couple barrels though. That may be another project.

About 1 1/2 years ago, I paid a tad over 600 bucks (cash in-store price) for a .221 FB American @ Bud's (www/budsgunshop.com); the prices on C-Zs might have gone up since.
FWIW, wish they'd offered that .221 (and all the Americans) in a Varmint model. As much as I like the set trigger and detachable mag, the sporter barrel seemed to make the gun louder than it should have been (maybe due to the hammer forging?) and lent it more to vertical stringing of shots. Reluctantly sold it and bought a Cooper Model 38 Varminter in that cal. Still a decent walk-around weight and, to my aging ears (and in the built-up areas where it's being used,) noticeably quieter.

Last edited:
The prices keep on going up on cz so 600 bucks is fair.

My tikka was only 535 shipped from buds. It feels like a toy compared to my old 527 varmint or my best friends american. However my tikka out shoots it and I didn't have to go thru the hassle of floating the barrel.If they keep raising their cost they will price themselves out of the market.

Originally Posted By: Flat Land CoaxerI think im going to get the american in 221fb next. A friend of mine loves the round and he claims its very accurate. I do reload and im curious as to what the round might do with some 35 and 36 grain bullets.

No sweat,,,, like I said "I was just throwing it out there". Truth is, I like em all. The smaller the better.
FYI,,,,,,,, My 221 was the most accurate "factory" rifle I ever owned. Pulling the barrel was awfully hard, but that was why I bought it so I moved forward. Haven't regretted it for a moment.
Never shot any factory ammo, but my best load was 19grns of Reloader 7 behind a 40gr V-Max. Haven't seen a 221 yet that load didn't work in, but as usuall, back off ten percent and work up.

Hope you get one as accurate as mine. The odds are definatly in your favor, and as stated above, the 527 American package is a joy to carry and shoot.
Luck

Originally Posted By: RePete
Never shot any factory ammo, but my best load was 19grns of Reloader 7 behind a 40gr V-Max. Haven't seen a 221 yet that load didn't work in, but as usuall, back off ten percent and work up.

It's funny, but the guy I bought my CZ 527 .221 Furball from recommended the same load and for true, it works well. But my rifle seems to favor 16 grains of Lil Gun with the Nosler 40 grain Ballistic Tip for its most accurate shooting. Lots of ground squirrels wish that I had never discovered this gun and load.

Diogee, Trust me I want a 204 as well just not enough cash to buy em all at once!lol Id love to have 17fb,17rem,221fb,204ruger,220swift,243,257roberts, and a 25-06 but the 22-250 and 221fb are on my list for a realistic goal to buy within the next 6 months or so. My friend jimmy (Jim87Formula) is 223 crazy and all about AR platforms and I finally sweet talked him into buying a bolt gun this year! He bought a howa 1500 22-250 with the hogue stock and I was very surprised with how accurate it is for the price! It touches 5 bullets with his favorite load, Now if I could just talk him into getting one of the guns i like to see how I like it! lol

It is hard to beat a 22-250.

If I could only have one coyote rifle,(heaven forbid) it would probably win. Since I don't rack up the numbers of coyotes some here do, I wouldn't mind sewing up a couple pelts each month.

I love the 17 Rem and even the 204 for being fur friendly and all, but in reality, I just don't shoot enough coyotes to really worry about it.

And I hear they may only bring $10 per pelt this year.

Back