Need help with fur stretchers..

I'm really new to coyote hunting . Just started last year. But i have purchased 2 fleshing tools and a few wire fur stretchers for coyotes. What i'd like to know is, What do ya do with the little parts of the stretcher that has the teeth on them. The two things that hook onto the wire. I'm sure this has got something to do with the stretchng process but where do i hook them? Any info you could give me would be great.

Thanks!

Indiana Yote killer...Welcome to Predator Masters
biggrin.gif

Those little do hickys are for stretching the hide down and out, on your wire stretcher
wink.gif

After you've pulled the hide all the way onto the stretcher, you pull the very end of the hide over the teeth on these and pull it even further downward, and outward. The hide stretching as you do so will bind on the wire frame and hold it in the downward stretched position. What your actually hooking into those teeth is the hind flanks of the hide, the very end of the hide before you get to the tail. One on the left side of the tail and one on the right, but not on the tail.
Assuming you are tube skinning.

------------------
~River Runner~

Champion Tannery
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

www.predatormasters.com

Thanks River Runner. I understand now.

I'm sure i'll have plenty more questions in the future. Especially when i get my first yote.

Thanks for your help!

------------------

Back