selling a hide

Tommy Johnson

I just need to get a little information on what to do with a coyote hide after you skin it, as far as to sell. I love predator huntin' but i wish there was something i could do with em' after i shoot em'. I hear about local buyers and just need to get some info on where one is in my area. I dont trap only shoot so would it even be worth my time as far as the bullet hole.

Tommy,
You will probably have to ask around to find out about local buyers. If you can pick up a deep freeze at a garage sale or something, you can lay your furs flat in bottom of freezer & stack em up til you have a pickup load of fur. I like to turn the hides fur side out, comb the burrs out and lay em in the freezer. If too much blood on the fur I wash em in regular laundry soap, rinse em and dry em before I freeze em.

...and there you have it
wink.gif

Nation Trappers might be able to help as far as local fur buyers also, Tommy.
There might even be a trapper or two from Texas here on the board.

~River Runner~

------------------
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

www.predatormasters.com

Tommy,
Once frozen you could keep em til spring easy enough, but most of the buyers close up shop long before that. You will need to locate a buyer or two and then keep in touch with them so you will know their closing date etc.

Thanks Rich,

Now all I need to do is locate a buyer. I just hate shootin em' and not being able to do anything with them. I already have three tanned pelts, and the wife sure would hate me decorating the house with em.

Thanks again

Two of them I did myself using the alum and salt method with neats foot oil but they didnt turn out like i wanted them to so i had the last one professionaly tanned.

Back