MP3 Sounds

hunter97

My dad and I built a really cool e-caller last winter using information from this sight. We tried using free sounds from Varmit Al's and MS Custom calls and just didn't have very good success. Does anyone have a suggestion for where to get some good quality sounds for our caller? My dad says we need to find some Johnny stewart cd's to work from. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted By: hunter97My dad and I built a really cool e-caller last winter using information from this sight. We tried using free sounds from Varmit Al's and MS Custom calls and just didn't have very good success. Does anyone have a suggestion for where to get some good quality sounds for our caller? My dad says we need to find some Johnny stewart cd's to work from. Any suggestions?

Dad ain't no dummy. That would be an excellent start. Can't go wrong with the JS sounds..
thumbup1.gif
I thinks there's 4 sounds on each CD. I'd recommend at least the CD with *Vittles ala Jack* on it. Some other good ones are desperate cottontail, high pitched cottontail, yellowhammer woodpecker.

Byron South has 1 or 2 CD's out that have good rabbit sounds.

Western Rivers has some free sounds on the net somewhere. Most of those suck, but there is a couple that aren't to bad.

Some other good ones from Johnny Stewart:
CT 101A Jackrabbit Distress
CT 107A Canine Pups
CT 163 Coyote Pup Distress
CT 102A Grown Cottontail Distress

and yes, the Vittles-ala-Jack is a good one too.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: hunter97My dad and I built a really cool e-caller last winter using information from this sight. We tried using free sounds from Varmit Al's and MS Custom calls and just didn't have very good success. Does anyone have a suggestion for where to get some good quality sounds for our caller? My dad says we need to find some Johnny stewart cd's to work from. Any suggestions?

Western Rivers has some free sounds on the net somewhere. Most of those suck, but there is a couple that aren't to bad.

I downloaded a bunch of calls from WR and didn't call s#!t except for one gray and we don't shoot fox. When turned up to full volume there is a background hiss and if I can hear it I'm sure a coyote can.
I'm not sure if was because it was going through fifty feet of stereo wire but it sounded like it was downloaded from the internet and played from an Mp3 player through a bullhorn. Plus some of the
sequences are short requiring them to be played over and over.

Back