6.5 grendel vs. .25wssm vs .243 wssm

wysongdog

Looking for another AR (yeah i really don't need another lol) out of the 3 listed above which would you choose for superb accuracy and wind bucking ability for coyotes here in wyoming. I won't be using it for much other than coyote hunting. thanks bryan

I really like my alexander Arms 24" 6.5 Grendel.
I Only shoot and let lay on yotes.
Don't expect much fur friendly out of 6.5 or 25wssm or 243wssm.

I am loving my Grendel but any of the 3 would be hammers on them.

The Grendel or 25 have the choice of heavier bullets so that might give either one of those a little better advantages burking the wind.

Yeah I'm not into saving fur... lol I think I'm just looking for a reason for another gun. alaxander arms looks like a fine choice. was thinking of going with a 18" or maybe even 16" barrel...maybe lol

New Fontier built mine with a 24" Black Hole barrel and it drives tacks. and was a great price for such a great shooter.

I have a review on it a few post down if you want to check it out.

If you have any question about the Grendel feel free to shoot me a PM i will be happy to give you any info i can . Thanks Billy

Last edited:
I am more of the proponent of the flat-shooting, high to medium B.C. bullets, with high velocity VS. the idea of lobbing High B.C. bullets, i.e. 6.5 Grendel. I prefer the 243 WSSM with a standard twist using a 75gr-95gr 6mm bullet or even an 8-twist barrel if you want the 105gr, High B.C. bullets that remain very flat out of the 243 WSSM.

Just substitute "and" for the "vs". The only thing better than one of them, would be all three! That's all I have to say about that.

Merry Christmas

Originally Posted By: CastleRockerJust substitute "and" for the "vs". The only thing better than one of them, would be all three! That's all I have to say about that.

Merry Christmas
Well Ok, I never could get both of my Grendels to shoot as well as I wanted them to, so I went with a 6.5 WSSM, so I do not really need a 25 WSSM. The day I got the 6.5 WSSM it shot better then my Grendels ever did. With the 243 WSSM’s I opted for 8-twist barrels, so it is like loading for a different caliber uppers (8-twist barrels & 10-twist barrels) but I can interchange the brass. LOL.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
The .264LBC (6.5 Grendel) is gonna be plenty of rifle for me, I can shoot a 107 Sierra HPBT at a little over 2800 fps. Thats pretty close ballistically to a .243 Win and in an AR15 platform. I know the wssm's are capable of much better Velocity. But the 6.5mm bullet has a ton of sectional density and will be a stone cold killer and shoot plenty flat till I get up over 120 grain pills...

The 264 LBC-AR is going to be the serious player that the Grendel should have been.

I am pretty sure that there well be alot of factory ammo offerings in the future for it.

I don't see how it can't be. It's a truely powerful intermediate cartridge, the I can get 15 rounds in what would be a 7 round wssm mag. The .264LBC is what the 6.8 SPC should have been...

I have two grendels and I really enjoy loading and shooting them. Have taken a couple deer now also with my Grendel's. I have one with a 18" kreiger barrel and other is a 22" black hole barrel. Both have excellent accuracy.

Back