Vacuum packaging ?

wildoats

I just got one of these neat food saver vacuum packaging systems and I have been sealing every think I can think of.

Well the thought came to me if it will keep game meat up to 3 years with out freezer burn. I wounder how long a hide would last? Has anyone tried it?

Your question is answerd within your question i too have vaccumed everything i could think of but my buddy whos been trapping for every bought on when they first got popular i guess about two years ago. and it works wonders kinda expinsive to buy the big bags to keep hides in but in his opinion well wor=th it. so i going with that method this year too.

Best of luck and good huntin,
George L VanNoy

Hey Wildoats,
How come you're playin around with that new toy instead of bein out chasin yotes?Time's awaistin boy.Go get'm!
Damn, forgot,season isn't open yet.Or is it???????
KYOTIKID

------------------
US PREDATOR REGULATORS
IOWA CHAPTER

Never tried it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work, Wildoats.

So what all have you tried to vaccum pack since you've started playing?...enlighten us
smile.gif

~River Runner~

------------------
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

www.predatormasters.com

Right off i vacuum packed a change of socks to keep in my truck, then I sealed all those lose shotgun shells that I seem to always lose the box for, into neat 10 rd packs for ducking hunting. Keeps them dry and the brass won't tarnish. Then i did some rifle ammo in 10 rd packs for the same reason. A spair set of Cammo, some survivel gear, Batterys, a camera, a spare walkman for calling. Damn near all my spare odds and ends that I take in the truck when I go hunting. Basicly anything you want to keep dry and dust free, or shrink down in size for storage. You would be amazed how small a set of BDU's are when you remove the air.

------------------

Keep your hooks sharp and you powder dry.
Wildoats

"The expactations of life depend upon diligence; the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools."
Confucius

Back