solunar tables

I used to kinda track my sucessful hunt nites with those tables. It actually seemed that I had more activity opposite of what the tables called for. Wasn't a real scientific study but there was a pattern. My.02. Sean

Originally Posted By: sts3dI used to kinda track my sucessful hunt nites with those tables. It actually seemed that I had more activity opposite of what the tables called for. Wasn't a real scientific study but there was a pattern. My.02. Sean

If you look at 2 different tables, you're liable to see pretty much the opposite forecast also. I have an app I use on my droid, and also look at the one at ESPN Outdoors and they don't match up very good. Not sure if it's difference between hunting and fishing, but they don't match up.

Usually, if I'm going hunting, I'm just go with the one that looks the best for that day...
thumbup.gif

Quote:f you look at 2 different tables, you're liable to see pretty much the opposite forecast also.

Are you sure you are reading them right? They have to correspond to you longitude and latitude. They should not be different.

I have a casio outdoor hunting/fishing time watch that have the moon phase and solunar tables.

There have been a lot of times that I saw a lot of activity deer hunting at the peak times. But also times that I saw nothing when it was supposed to be good.

Lots of variable to consider.

Originally Posted By: Yellowhammer Quote:f you look at 2 different tables, you're liable to see pretty much the opposite forecast also.

Are you sure you are reading them right? They have to correspond to you longitude and latitude. They should not be different.

I have a casio outdoor hunting/fishing time watch that have the moon phase and solunar tables.

There have been a lot of times that I saw a lot of activity deer hunting at the peak times. But also times that I saw nothing when it was supposed to be good.

Lots of variable to consider.

Oh yea, not tough to read the one's I use. The droid application automatically adjusts to current location. The Astro from ESPN is a bit tougher, but all it really shows is moon overhead or underfoot times.

I pay more attention to which days they say are good days, and that doesn't coorespond at all between the ones I use. It appears to me the Astro tables take the moon phase and relate that very heavily to their "score" for a particular day. The Time2Hunt application I use appears to consider more variables.

I have no idea how some of these factor what are going to be good days and what aren't. Like you said, I'm sure there are lots of variables, and they obviously use different ones.

Back