Rock island arms?

getfoxy

I was looking at some 1911s today and came across one made by rock island. Does anyone know anything about this company? I haven't even heard of it until today.

Rock Island 1911's are manufactured by Armscor in the Phillipines. They are the same manufactrer that makes STI's Spartan, and the Charles Daly 1911's.

That sure means it is not one from Rock Island Arsenal!!!!
blushing.gif

Jack

Originally Posted By: Jack RobertsThat sure means it is not one from Rock Island Arsenal!!!!
blushing.gif

Jack

Not sure I totally understand ? It was used? This help anything?

Ok jack I got you. We are talking about two different companies. I'm talking about rock island arms

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: getfoxyThanks. It felt really solid. Defintley wasn't a kimber but for 400$ I wasn't expecting it too.

For the $ there a great buy. I've read several reviews on them by die hard 1911'ers and they all say pretty much what you have said verbatim. They aren't a Colt or a Kimber, but they are a GREAT weapon for the price.

I own a full size and a commander, zero complaints or issue with either.

you are thinking of rock island arms i beleave. they make 1911s, ARs, etc. They are not to be confused with the rock island arsenal wich is a government facility. rock island arms is located in kalona, illinois

I havent heard very many good things about them. my gun dealer says that they really arnt that great and just to save your money. If you want cheap then look at the taurus pt1911. i shot one and i was amazed. feels great. it also shoots very well. i was able to hit a 4in circle at 20 yards every time.

I don't know about Rock Island Armory 1911s, but I would
definitely stay away from the Taurus PT1911 based on what
I know of a few of these pistols. One just locked up solid,
and had to be sent back to Taurus. The pistol was repaired
and returned to the owner, but they refused to tell him what
they had done to fix it. I looked at the pistol and something
like the barrel link failed, or a chunk of the slide came
loose and locked it up tight. Needless to say this owner
has ZERO confidence in his pistol. Another Taurus I know of
went through 2 extractors before it was traded.

I was looking for a 380 pistol, and talked to a gun shop
owner, that happens to be competitive pistol shooter(numerous
titles), and a retired sheriffs deputy. I asked about the
Taurus Millennium, and he looked me in the eye and said, "It
will never hold up to the rounds I know you are going put
through it".

I don't mean to diss anyone's Taurus. And I know they do
have excellent customer service. From what I have seen,
you will need it if you shoot often.

Squeeze

its just going to come down to personal preference. there are people out there who dont like remington but i love remington. when i get a 1911 its going to be a kimber.

Back