What gun do you shoot?

Originally Posted By: 5spdI have a 20moa EGW 1 pc base on both my bolt guns.
I feel 1 pcs bases are much more stonger/sturdier/solid.
I always thought that.
But,!!! you never see any BR shooters using one piece bases? If one piece bases were better, they would be using them.

Jack

Originally Posted By: Jack RobertsOriginally Posted By: 5spdI have a 20moa EGW 1 pc base on both my bolt guns.
I always thought that.
But,!!! you never see any BR shooters using one piece bases? If one piece bases were better, they would be using them.

Jack

We sell quite a few 1 piece bases for bench guys for Savages/CZ/Annschutz/BRNO/etc. Most Annie 54/64's aren't used much except for punching paper.

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersOriginally Posted By: Jack RobertsOriginally Posted By: 5spdI have a 20moa EGW 1 pc base on both my bolt guns.
I always thought that.

Jack

We sell quite a few 1 piece bases for bench guys for Savages/CZ/Annschutz/BRNO/etc. Most Annie 54/64's aren't used much except for punching paper.
But that is mostly position shooting, not BR.
Big difference between BR and position shooting.

Jack

My Stevens 200 has a 1 piece base,I think its more accurate
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Jack RobertsWe sell quite a few 1 piece bases for bench guys for Savages/CZ/Annschutz/BRNO/etc. Most Annie 54/64's aren't used much except for punching paper.
But that is mostly position shooting, not BR.
Big difference between BR and position shooting.

Jack [/quote]

Apparently it can add substantial rigidity to an action with a 1 piece base. How this can be measured I don't know, as I'm not an engineer, but I do know enough with my Aviation Structural repair background to understand the basis behind it. I don't see why it wouldn't work just like many airframe doublers intended to add strength.

I personally like 1 piece bases (with ejection port cutouts) myself because they allow more mounting adjustment and should theoretically cause less scope binding if you had a problem with the mounting of the original bases or off-center drilling in the receiver, etc. That's just my take on them though.

One piece where I can, and Warne Maximas, or Burris Signature
where I have to go 2 piece.

As for what gun I shoot. It is a long list, even for
predators. On days that I think they will be close
I take the 10 ga. and sling up the Savage Striker in
308 Win, on the offhand chance one may hang up. The
Striker has three Warne Maxima rings on it to hold
the 2-7x scope tight on that hand cannon. On another
day, it may be the 6.8 SPC, or 6mm WOA, AR-15. One
has an Armalite one piece, and one has a RRA one piece,
mount. Or if they are going to hang up WAY OUT there,
I shoot the 6mm Rem. which has a one piece Leupold base.
I don't shoot far enough to run out of scope
adjustment, so all 0 MOA mounts for me.

Squeeze

I have 1 piece on my Wthby and want another one for my Savage. My # one rifle is my .300 Wthby and for my up and coming hunters its a Savage .204

for shooting critters i shoot all b.o.s.s rifles( read encore) in calibers ranging from 204 ruger to 416 rigby( not on game... yet!) my in between calibers are 223,243,2506,264wm,270,7-08,7mm rm,308, 3006, 300wm, 338wm, 35 whelen,375 hh. and many more that i dont shoot as much!lol i only have three frames!!!! need more!

Two piece on all my rifles save one a 22 hornet .
My go to for most everything is a savage 10 in 243 larger game is 270 win and suprise its a savage also

Back