Foxpro Fury Review.

getemclose

Well, I promised some a complete review of the FP. Fury many moons ago! I believe I can give a pretty darn good summary of MY opinion on the call, & and what I like about it, and also what I dislike.. Like I said this is MY OPINION, your Mileage may vary.

Like I said I dont give my opinion until I have used something extensively, and I have done so with this call.. I have have had it for about a year and a half. My partner and I have killed around 250 coyotes with the call. Not trying to brag or anything just feel I can give a solid review.

Like -

1) this call has the volume. It bucks the wind quite well. What I have found out, and im sure most already know. Is that you need to get the call off the ground.. I dont care were you put it, just dont set it on the ground. The volume is cut in half and the full capability of the call is hampered.. I like to set mine on a fencepost, in a tree, in a bush, hanging from barbwire, it doesnt matter! just get the call off the ground!

2) The range on the remote is great, I have never had it out of range to not recieve the signal.. Definately not a problem

3) The audio in crystal clear, Your not going to find a more realistic sounding E-call.

4) portability, its a big deal for me as I do allot of walking, I have not seen many other E-calls that can pack as much of a punch in such a small package..

5) Great Sound Library.

6) DURABLE! Thing is built like a brick house!.. Ours has been through allot of abuse and is still running strong!

Dislike -

1) Remote - The remote on this call runs into some SERIOUS problems when temps drop below ten degrees.. It becomes impossible for me to scroll through my sound list. I can only use pre-sets as the LCD screens becomes 90% un-functional (did I just make up a word).. The screen becomes hazy, and scrolling just does not work..

Also of a guy is hunting on a hard crusted snow the remote doubles as a hockey puck.. I can think of two occasions were I set the remote down to shoot a coyotes and the next think I know its sliding down to the botton of the hill.. crusted snow and the remote DO NOT mix
lol.gif

2) Not sure if others have had this issue but I quite regulary have to turn the call Off and On repeatedly for the remote to engage the call to start playing.. Before leaving the truck on every stand I have to turn the call on to make sure its going to play. If it does not I have to turn the call off and then back on and try it again.. its annoying!

3) I cannot tell the difference in Volume from Levels 30-40, Not really a problem Just an observation.

4) Like most electronics, Sub zero temps and electros dont mix!.. Battery life is cut in half, the remote and call turn into ice cubes, The screen becomes in-operable, I can understand these problems, as all electronics seem to "fizzle" when it is -30 out
lol.gif

I would like to add more to my list but I must go pick up my mom at the train station!!.. Time is cut short!.. I will try to add some more later.

Hope this helps some
smile.gif

Last edited:
Nice review, it mirrors my own experience with my Fury. It's always nice when someone waits awhile to write their review, all to often guys write a review after their first trip out which don't get me wrong I like them as well but they generally don't have the dislikes added to the review. It's the dislikes that pop up over the long haul, many times they are something you can live with but the info can be very valuable when shopping for big ticket items.

Dislike #2 has happened to my call. This has only been a very few times. Before I go to my hide I make sure the call and remote are on the same page. this has not been a problem since.

yeah Mitch,good review. i can't add much as i've only shot about 20 using mine
unsure.gif
i have the same issues as you. the buttons on the right side of the remote i don't use or need and have pushed them at the wrong time (accidentally). so i glued round toothpicks on each side if them so that wont happen again. the restarting thing 50% of the time does get anoying. i have 2 fury's and one screws up alot. it changes channel,than i have to re-program it. i also glued a piece of blaze orange cloth to the top of the antenae so its easier to find in the field. never have had the remote go down a hill thogh, i keep mine on a long lanyard. see ya this weekend
grin.gif

Last edited:
Guys a FoxPro remote sometimes has to find the caller. If you know your caller is on use all of the buttons and the caller will find the remote. Be sure to turn the volume up then down, hit mute, then unmute and the caller will usually respond. I think the problem is that the caller sometimes needs to find the last state it was in while the remote was working.

Most times when you turn it on just turn up the volume and then hit the volume down button and it will respond.

My Fury will sometimes just quit, and you have go get it and turn it off, then back on again. It did that this afternoon while I was trying to call up a Bobcat. That cat saw me fumbling with the remote and tried to sneak away, but luckily I saw him in time to kill him. This is about the third or forth time it's done this. Otherwise, it is a great call.

Could it be a battery problem? My CS 24 was ordered along with 10 FoxPro batteries. On the very first charge one busted. It got so hot it melted the coating and had a crack in the side. I know Foxpro buys their batteries from someone else and maybe you could have a bad one. None of my FoxPro callers ever just quit unless I had a battery problem. My FX 5 was hard on batteries because I am sure I over charged them. I made a point to change out my batteries every 6 months or so and had no more problems. Another thing I might add is that charging in the unit, it seemed that all the batteries never received an equal charge. With my CS 24, I only charge the batteries if I hunt all day, otherwise, I charge them every other hunt.

# 1 was out calling Thanksgiving Morn -25 F and the scroll was the shitz and really hazy. I still called in 4 coyotes in 3 stands got greedy on the tripple and didn't get any killed one on the 3rd stand...........

Last edited:
Nice review Mitch!

I have never personally hunted in any sub 20 degree temps so I wouldn't know what sort of issues cold could do to a call. With that said, if it was -30 out I probably wouldn't work too well either...

I suggest you guys review some of the posts made by Snowcamoman about using the TX500 in arctic conditions. There are several things you can do to increase performance and make things easier on yourself. Hang your remote with a piece of parachute type cord, tied to a loop or button hole so you can't lose it like a hockey puck on crusted snow or frozen ground, leaving enough slack to put it inside your jacket or hooded garment next to your body keeping it warmer, thereby increasing battery life and response. Helps on the LED screen reading too. I think Snow uses some kind of cover for the thing with a clear front that allows him to put a hand warmer behind it and keeping it warm where the remote lives. Having the CS-24 r Fury in a deployment bag like Yoter's Den makes allows it to be protected from the elements a lot, especially wind, and also allows you to put a hand warmer in there to help the batteries out.
Extreme weather calls for a little thinking to help yourself and the ecaller/remote out.

Thanks guys, just trying to help guys out making a descision on a call..

Possumal.

Yes I understand I should be using a lanyard, The remote sliding down the hill is definately my own stupididty.. I just HATEEEE haveing something swinging from my neck clanging away on call, buttons, etc. Therefore I put it in my oversized pocket..

I thought about trying the hand warmers and such bit its just one more thing for me to worry about.. Like I said I mainly just use Pre-sets in the extreme cold and they dont give me any problems.

Trust me I have called PLENTYY in extreme weather.. I have thought through many options on how to make the remote and caller run to the best of there ability.

This is not supposed to be a mad rant on why I dont like the call because infact, im EXTREMELY pleased my with FP overall.. Not everything is perfect and these are just a few of my opinions on it..

Good review of the Fury and Remote getemclose. You've experieced the same cold weather related issues that I've seen. Like you, I only use my presets, and hardly ever need to change them. I've found at -40ºF, the remote screen will do fine if it's left in a warm chest pocket with a handwarmer. That will give you about 10-15 minutes of good useable, normal LCD use if you need it on stand. Last season, I had booddock outdoors make me a neoprene cover for my TX_500 and it works great. I can put a handwarmer in the back of it and the neoprene will keep the remote from sliding anywhere. Plus, it's white and makes the remote vanish while sitting on my knee or the snow beside me. I just have to be careful that I don't lose the thing.

Awesome review. Have had mine out twice. Only comment I can make is that I do not like how it resets to continous sound play when you turn it off and on again. Always have to remember to turn it to single play before starting a stand. Maybe there is a way to change so it does not change but I have not figured it out as of yet.

I sent mine back because the remote and cold problem. When I called Foxpro seemed to know about it and took care of it,and sent it right back has been working fine.

I believe the first run of Fury's had a remote problem. I had problems with mine, sent it in, had it back within a week with a new remote. Works like a champ now. I highly recommend the Fury.

Good review. At what point would you say the cold becomes an issue? Here in LA (Lower Alabama) it can get into the teens at night sometimes, but I think that's about our worst.

Back