BLC-2 22-250 loads

Spurred Hunter

Just wondering who else loads this powder, My Browning seems to shoot awfull well with 34gr of it under Speer 52gr hpbt's. But so far the little Browning shoots good with about everything I've fed it. Also wondering if anyone could give me a ruff estimate of what velocity this load may be generating? My brother seems to have swiped the loading manuals.

In the early 60's, BLC2 was the go to powder for many guys shooting benchrest with the 22/250. 1/2" groups at 200 were common.

A book will give you a rough estimate, that is all. It it shoots well, then I would not worry about it.

I remember gathering around a pot belly stove in an old country store with about a dozen old benchrest shooters gathered round talking about how well their 250's were shooting, one of them was talking about how well his liked a certain type of primer when his dog got up off the floor and urinated all over the bread rack.

Hope this helps!

I pretty much answered my own question from the Hodgdon website, should be somewhere near 3700fps. Only concern is that they say that is max, but I don't rememder the book that I got the load from saying it was anywhere near max, and i usually try to stay away from max loads in all my loadings.

Spurred Hunter, a book max load may not be a max load in your rifle, and on the other hand the max load for your rifle may not come close to a book max load.

One thing for sure, with Ball c2, the best accuracy will be very close to a max load for your rifle, and don't be surprised if it is shooting bug holes.

Back