Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 338 of 344 < 1 2 ... 336 337 338 339 340 ... 343 344 >
Topic Options
#3234734 - 02/20/20 10:51 AM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
DoubleUp Online
Die Hard Member III

Loc: USA
Dozer, I know the pain. When you know you let a chip shot slip by, it sticks with you. You just have to move on to the next one. We've all done it.

#3234763 - 02/20/20 01:24 PM Re: Baiting [Re: DoubleUp]
weekender Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: NC
Originally Posted By: DoubleUp
Dozer, I know the pain. When you know you let a chip shot slip by, it sticks with you. You just have to move on to the next one. We've all done it.

X2 ^^ We had a visitor last night. Couldn't get the video to start but my wife said she felt good about the shot. The usual high humidity white out in the NV made telling which way it left tough. Lots of hair and some blood at the impact site but then nothing after that. We looked for and hour with the scanner and then another hour this morning grid searching. NADA. First time the 53 gr VMAX has failed to make one dead. Some have travelled a short distance but been recovered. This one eluded us.

#3234783 - 02/20/20 03:01 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
DoubleUp Online
Die Hard Member III

Tough going there Week, but I expect the buzzards will pinpoint the "Hammer's" coyote.

#3234857 - 02/20/20 09:22 PM Re: Baiting [Re: DoubleUp]
oakey Offline
Predator Master

Loc: way up north
Hi Doubleup. how long does the battery charge last on the sensor and do you know how cold they will operate in? they say they will work up to 1/2 a mile.also does the base have volume control?

Edited by oakey (02/20/20 09:30 PM)

#3234939 - 02/21/20 09:29 AM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
DoubleUp Online
Die Hard Member III

I have been recharging them about every 6 months, but they are supposed to last for a year before needing a charge. I have not seen any indication of any of them having a low charge which shows up on the receiver.

I don't know about cold weather. We aren't all that cold here, and rarely get under the 20's.

I have used them at 155 yds. but don't know how much further they might reach. I doubt 1/2 mile but haven't tried it.

The receiver does have a volume control.

#3234982 - 02/21/20 01:41 PM Re: Baiting [Re: DoubleUp]
spotstalkshoot Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: so.mn
A couple nights this week I was able to put the Sightmark Wraith my buddy has been using on my AR. I didn't have any shot opportunities but wanted to share some first hand experience. Bait is north of a grove of trees, field is ripped corn field, mostly snow covered, hard gray crust. Bait is 150 yards out. I haven't been able get my buddy to record any shots, I intended to and recorded several minutes of winter night scenery. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the digital display. Using the factory supplied ir(lowest level), I could have easily seen 250, probably 300 yards plus. I had the IR mount so I could adjust, seemed best with the IR beam slightly out from tightest beam and with the beam "above" a target. The last three my buddy has shot have been 232,155,150 yards. For me the factory supplied mount seems better on an AR than a rem 700. Shortening the length of pull on a bolt gun could help the fit. My buddy needs a padded cheek pad to get a better fit with a HS precision stock on his Rem 700.

#3235034 - 02/21/20 09:08 PM Re: Baiting [Re: DoubleUp]
oakey Offline
Predator Master

Loc: way up north
ive been using irontron which work pretty well and don't need antenas at 175 yards but if you ever shut off the receiver you have to start it up next to the sensor. I'm going to get the hosmart. Thanks for the info

#3235042 - 02/21/20 10:14 PM Re: Baiting [Re: oakey]
dozer_xj Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: South Central IL
My wife is playing cards with the girls tonight and im home with the kids. My buddies are out hunting and sending me texts saying they are killing them. I was all depressed so I turned coyote hunting on tv. Decided to check the bait pile and there was a coyote between the pile and my house sitting down in my yard. I told myself "don't F this up again" Bang Flop! I'll see if I can figure out how to post a picture.

#3235061 - 02/22/20 01:59 AM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
6mm06 Offline
PM senior

Coyote down at 0135. I am sending this via my iphone from my cabin. I heard it howl on the ridge behind the cabin a short distance at around 0115, and about 4-5 minutes later the sensor went off. I saw it was a coyote via the monitor at my bed. When I got to the shooting table and turned on the 4k, it was gone. I looked all around and saw nothing, so I went back to bed. After about 10 minutes the sensor went off again so I got back up and looked through the scope. The coyote was returning from beyond the bait site at about 70 yards, guessing. It took a few steps toward the bait site, didnít like something and then retreated in a trot, leaving and following the edge line of the field. I took the shot as it was retreating and dropped it with a 70 gr. Blitz King from the 6x45. I then confirmed the kill with the thermal. This one was nervous and didnít want to commit to the bait. I took what I felt was a last-chance shot. Will post video later when I get it worked up.

Congrats Dozer. Looks like the baby sitting turned out after all.

#3235069 - 02/22/20 07:52 AM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
pmack Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: NY
Congrats dozer and David. Murphy's law struck again for me. Sensor died Thursday and new one is arriving today. But of course this is from last night. Have no idea on time because other camera set in picture mode never went off. Hopefully they return tonite and the stars align.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnFl7H5TWkw&feature=youtu.be

Edited by pmack (02/22/20 08:09 AM)

"TRUTH FACTS & COMMON SENSE" pro-staffer

#3235071 - 02/22/20 08:06 AM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
DoubleUp Online
Die Hard Member III

You guys all did great. Your chance will come Paul!

#3235079 - 02/22/20 09:00 AM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
Burnsome... Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: GA
Wow - busy night for you guys posting above. Congrats to all.

#3235081 - 02/22/20 09:10 AM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
pmack Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: NY
At times I give fox a pass but not always. This guy has survived three years. He shows up every February and it seems just after fox season closes on the 15th here in NY

Edited by pmack (02/22/20 09:21 AM)

"TRUTH FACTS & COMMON SENSE" pro-staffer

#3235104 - 02/22/20 11:49 AM Re: Baiting [Re: pmack]
spotstalkshoot Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: so.mn
Right eye blind, easy to ID. Didn't mind the coon getting a bite before.

#3235141 - 02/22/20 05:20 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
6mm06 Offline
PM senior

Seems it was a busy night last night. Pmack, those coyotes will be back soon and the new sensor will make things right.

Below are photos and a video link to this morning's coyote. I squeezed the trigger around 0130 this morning. This coyote was very nervous and just didn't want to commit to go down hill to the bait. It turned to leave and I took a quick now-or-never shot that dropped him right there. Later in the morning just before daylight a nice bobcat showed up at the site. I think it's the one that has been hanging around for a while. I got video but didn't shoot him. Maybe I can call him later. I have tried a couple of times to no avail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNywXbi3Dik&feature=youtu.be

The coyote first howled on the knoll behind the cabin near the tall, tan grass in the distance. A few minutes later he made his way to the bait site but remained up
on the hill and would not go down to the bait. This one was rubbed pretty much near it's neck and shoulder.

The 4-wheeler helps get gear to the cabin and back, plus helps with dragging the coyote out.

I am liking the 4k scope more and more all the time. It's a great bait site scope in my opinion. The rifle is a 6x45 Dtech, great shooter. I used a
Sierra 70 gr. Blitz King that dropped it on the spot with no exit.

Page 338 of 344 < 1 2 ... 336 337 338 339 340 ... 343 344 >

Moderator:  220_Swift, Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.