Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 343 of 347 < 1 2 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 >
Topic Options
#3238168 - 03/14/20 10:10 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
6mm06 Offline
PM senior

Loc: USA

Hey, nice Burn. Looks like we both dropped one the same night. Admitedly my shot was not the greatest. I already had two black eyes from beating myself up over missing that one earlier. I sure didnít need a bloody nose to go with it.

#3238498 - 03/17/20 06:59 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
DoubleUp Offline
Die Hard Member III

Last night my calling place let me down. I heard some as I was putting the call out, but they never responded at all. I think they were not moving far from the den, and a little too far to attract.

When I got back home I spotted one in the field, and he helped make up for the dry stand.

Here is the picture of last night's make-up coyote. He wasn't real large, but his teeth were pretty worn, and as you can see he was very dark, almost black, but not quite.

IMG_0609 by Double Up, on Flickr

Here is the video, but unfortunately not much to it.

#3238506 - 03/17/20 07:43 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
Burnsome... Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: GA
Thats pretty awesome DU. The ditch digger came out and then promptly fell back in. Another one in the basket. Maybe he wanted to partake in the burn barrel activities smile

#3238521 - 03/17/20 08:56 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
DoubleUp Offline
Die Hard Member III

Well you're right Burn, but at least this time I had something I could pull him out of the ditch with. Maybe I should have titled it Ditch Digger Four.

#3238543 - 03/18/20 12:23 AM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
6mm06 Offline
PM senior

Boy DoubleUp, that one fell off the earth too, just completely disappeared.

#3238677 - 03/19/20 02:16 AM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
DoubleUp Offline
Die Hard Member III

Well, I didn't have to wait long. Came home from Church tonight and about an hour later this one was in the field. Here he is, a big ol' male.

IMG_0616 by Double Up, on Flickr

#3238697 - 03/19/20 09:19 AM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
gobblergetter Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: MD
Well, my season has ended. Have to say last season was the better of the two but at least I killed a few predators off the farms. Here are my numbers for 2019-20 predator season: 111.75 hrs. on stand
Red fox - 9 Gray fox-0 Coon-7 Possum-9 Skunk-0 and Coyote-0. I had 6 individual camera recordings of coyotes recording 8 coyotes. ( 2 recordings were pairs)
There is certainly an increase in visits on camera but it just didn't work out for me to get one this season.....but there's always next!
I included a video of a pair of yotes on my home farm. The female with the bad eye has shown twice, once by herself and then in the video below with a male.

https://youtu.be/YPMXdqDenh8

Congrats on the yotes ya'll have recently
taken and keep at 'em! The videos, pictures, stories and your participation in hunting is what fuels these pages. Thank you guys.
Keep your bait piles fresh and aim true.
I'll catch up with ya'll next fall.
gg

#3238701 - 03/19/20 09:42 AM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
DoubleUp Offline
Die Hard Member III

GG, with all that coyote activity increase, you're bound to get one next season. Congratulations on a good season, and we'll be looking forward to your return next fall. Blessings!

#3238716 - 03/19/20 11:01 AM Re: Baiting [Re: DoubleUp]
dozer_xj Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: South Central IL
Here in Illinois we have ended our night hunting. I took 4 off my bait pile and missed two others. I shot or was part of shooting 8 others while out calling. One of my friends had a record season with 63 at night and 3 during the day.

Next year (this fall when night hunting starts gain) I anticipate better numbers off my bait pile but we shall see.

#3238738 - 03/19/20 01:17 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
6mm06 Offline
PM senior

Gobbler, not a bad season at all, just not probably what you expected or hoped for. Thatís the way it goes. Like Week mentioned, I hope a coyote is in your forecast for next year. The fact that they are visiting more frequently is a good sign.

Dozer, hate your season has ended but you will have time to think, plan and gain enthusiam for next season.

As for me, I have 5 coyotes for the season (since September) and missed one that I should have had. My eyes are still black from beating myself up. Though we can hunt coyotes here all year long with no closed season, I generally end it up when they have pups. I know they are or can be destructive, but I just donít care to shoot them in the summer months, so I will be calling it quits soon. If I can manage one within the next 2-3 weeks then I will, but after that will call it quits.

Hope everyone has a good summer, and stay safe from this Coronovirus. Hang around on the forums if for no other reason than to check in, talk about how you bait, post photos of your area and shacks if you hunt from one, sensors etc. That will keep the forum active and also continue education for all of us. I know we have pages and pages of such things, but it requires so much searching to go back and try to find something that I think itís good to post over and over again at times. Will definitely help newcomers to find information easier and learn how everyone is going about it. As well, many photos from old posts are gone thanks to Photobucket, so it doesnít hurt to post again. Just my thoughts since I personally enjoy seeing everyoneís baiting setup.

#3238746 - 03/19/20 02:19 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
Burnsome... Offline
Seasoned Member

Back at ya 6mm. I'll continue the hunting when the coyotes show up around here, as that's the way its always been. Quiet here since my last kill a couple weeks ago. I suspect the pups will be out around June perhaps?

The Pulsar DIGEX scope is shipping today. I'll mount and test as soon as it comes in and see how it does.

#3238764 - 03/19/20 04:25 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
6mm06 Offline
PM senior

Burn, Iím sure everyone is anxiously awaiting your thoughts after testing the new Digex, I know I am.

#3238805 - 03/19/20 09:58 PM Re: Baiting [Re: 6mm06]
weekender Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: NC
Originally Posted By: 6mm06

Burn, Iím sure everyone is anxiously awaiting your thoughts after testing the new Digex, I know I am.

I am one of the "everyone".

Good post on the recap keep her going deal 06.

#3238967 - 03/21/20 08:40 AM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
DoubleUp Offline
Die Hard Member III

As I promised 6mm06 I named this one Bernie, but it turned out to be Bernadine, and not very pretty at that. Another one with fairly dark phase coloring.

IMG_0621 by Double Up, on Flickr

Here is the video:

#3238977 - 03/21/20 09:44 AM Re: Baiting [Re: DoubleUp]
Burnsome... Offline
Seasoned Member

Good job DU. You're stacking them deep lately for sure.

Went hunting with my BIL last night. Had 3 come in at the same time about midnight. They came in so fast I forgot to hit the record button so no video.

We shot at the same time on #1 and #2. #3 took off and we didnt get a shot. Retrieved #1. I'll name him Charlie. Charlie went ditch digging and also went for a swim in a creek. After the initial hit, he went down and got back up and a second shot hit in the rear but he kept going. Tough dude.

Didnt find the one I shot but I think it was a solid broadside hit. Probably Charlietta. Will try to find her today.

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/FKMuD8_vYrs[/video]

Edited by Burnsome... (03/21/20 11:41 AM)

Page 343 of 347 < 1 2 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 >

Moderator:  220_Swift, Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.