Winchester Model 70 Featherweight .22-250

Its a gun, that is my thoughts on it.
smile.gif

It would make a good yote rifle for packing around.

I wouldn't expect it to be good for high volume PD shooting. But that is only my take on it.

DAB

I've got one in 6.5x55, and tried to get a second 6.5x55 and a 22-250 when Winchester shut down a couple years ago. I missed the pair by 30 minutes.

I own one of these and used to hunt with it quite a bit. It sits in my safe without a scope on it at this time. I bought a .204 with a 26" varmint barrel that seems to be a little more forgiving. You're right though, it's very nice for packing around. Probably the nicest looking gun I own, also.

I've had one in .22-250 for the past 10 or 12 years. I used it quite a bit for the first few years I had it, and found it to be a very fine calling rifle. The twenty inch pencil barrel swings easy and the light weight of the rifle makes it a cinch to carry around.
The rifle will usually hold three rounds under an inch, but accuracy begines to slip when I shoot 5 shot groups with it. I also prefer my sporter weight model 700's in .22-250 and .243 for open country calling where I may get shots over 200 yards. For looking at and carrying though my 70 featherweight is tough to beat.

I had one, times got tough and I had to sell it, wish I had it back. It shot nice. The good news is I bought it used and got more for it than I paid for it.

Back