So Lets see some Groups

hylander

OK;
Everyone says there AR shoots Dime size Groups.
So lets See'em
Not that one exceptional group, but the Norm.
Please list your Rifle, Powder and Bullet Combo.

This was the norm for my RRA 18" Varmint
55 V-Max
25.5 Varget

IMG_0014.jpg

Last edited:
I dont have much for 100m targets. But here is my 6 shot group on a 400m 6" plate. It seems that mine shoots MUCH better at 2-400 than it does at 100. At 400 this may not be FREQUENT, but it's definitely NOT UNCOMMON.

243WSSM
75 Vmax
35.7 Varget
3020fps

The top right splat is from a .308 round.
400mTarget.jpg

6 shot 100yd group with 6.5 Grendel

Black Hole barrel 24” 3 Polygonal
Yankee hill free float tube
DPMS gas block
Yankee hill upper Receiver
BCG from Black Hole Weaponry
Superior lower
Ace Skeleton stock

IMG_4495.jpg

IMG_4494.jpg

IMG_4492.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: WSMBUCK6 shot 100yd group with 6.5 Grendel

DPMS gas block
Superior lower
Ace Skeleton stock

IMG_4495.jpg

IMG_4494.jpg

IMG_4492.jpg

AA factory ammo? WOW.. beautiful group..

-Juanjo

Not dime size, but I'll take it.

60 gr. V-Max
24.5gr (I believe) Varget
Win brass

RRA upper/lower
18" WOA SPR barrel
Jewell trigger

I can't shoot much better than this
256.jpg

I was so happy with the RRA I did snap a photo of my first load workup.
Around .3 moa on these, It did even a little better with the 69 smk's.

IMG_0205.jpg

I see your using a Mag Primer, is that the norm for Benchmark ?

Originally Posted By: sharkathmiThis is as good as I'll ever do.
RRA Predator Pursuit rifle.
5 shots, 100 yards.
60VMAX-2.jpg

5 shots, 100 yards.
60HP-2.jpg

Last edited:
This one is with a M&C Rifles carbon tensioned upper in .17 Remington. Eric shot this group, but it was with my upper, so I figured it counted. Load is 24.3gn BLC-2 with 25gn Berger Varmint.

ARTarget.jpg

Second group is from an Oly SUM upper in .243 WSSM. Load is 55gn Nosler Ballistic Tip with 47.3gn Varget.

NoslerWSSM.jpg

Both are at 100 yards. A lot of them don't look that pretty, but these are my best.

Quote:I see your using a Mag Primer, is that the norm for Benchmark ?
My reloading manuals say that if you are using ball powder or using the ammo in very cold temps to use mag primers.
I started doing this years ago when growing up in Northern Minnesota.
Mark

The old timers say, if your wanting to hop up a load slightly and your out of room in the case, a Mag primer is like adding a 1/2 a grain...

Ok, thought I'd show a couple.

Here's a 10 shot group with a 22 lr. Ceiner conversion in an AR made with a cz hornet barrel 1-16 twist. 50 yds, cci subsonic hp. Can cover 9 shots with a penny or all 10 with a quarter.
SDC10087.jpg

These are 200 yd groups from my shilen barreled 204 AR. 32gr vmax blems and 27.5 gr H335. 5 shots not counting the low fouler shot. The tape covered shots are from a 357 revolver if I remember right.
SDC10088.jpg

And an old Armalite AR10 243 with a Hart 1-8 twist barrel shooting 105 Amax and 39 gr H4350. 5 shots, 100 yds

SDC10089.jpg

Originally Posted By: sharkathmiQuote:I see your using a Mag Primer, is that the norm for Benchmark ?
My reloading manuals say that if you are using ball powder or using the ammo in very cold temps to use mag primers.
I started doing this years ago when growing up in Northern Minnesota.
Mark

Interesting, I may have to start loading this way.
thumbup1.gif

My Dtech 6x45 shoots really great. Here is an example, but I admit this target is better than the usual. I can generallly shoot 3/4" and below, 3-shot groups consistently at 100 yards with 75 gr. Sierra HPs.

This target shows two sighting-shots, the upper two. I shot one to get on target, then adjusted and shot another, then adjusted again. I then shot two more rounds that were touching at 175 yards (rangefinder measured).

While this may not be representative of all my shooting, it shows the rifle's potential.

6x45.jpg

6x45-2.jpg

50grvmax.jpg

Here are two 100 yd groups from my R15 CS Carbine. Center group was 5 shots with 40 gr vmax from a cold clean barrel. Two on left fouled, next three finished out the group. Top left target was a 5 shot group with 50 gr vmax. All loads were factory. I shot two similar groups ( to the upper left one)with the new 53 gr Superformances last weekend.
R15SemiFrontal.jpg

She still looks about the same except for the pmag that now hangs out the bottom, the Geissle DMR and the matching claw sling I added. Can't wait to shoot some more yotes with it after deer season. Our deer season is too d--- long, mid october to mid january.

Have to add those are some great groups guys, love this thread!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: WSMBUCK6 shot 100yd group with 6.5 Grendel

DPMS gas block
Superior lower
Ace Skeleton stock

IMG_4495.jpg

IMG_4494.jpg

IMG_4492.jpg

AND THE WINNER IS...ding,ding,ding..that looks like one heck of a nice rifle you got there Billy.
I will try to post a couple pics. later on. I dont have anything better (or maybe even as good) as whats been posted, but a few that are nothing to be ashamed about.
That`s a fine 22LR someone posted too!

Back