favorite 243 coyote load

H4895 and the 55 NBT... or substitute RE-15 and the 55 NBT. Either way, 4000fps is pretty easy in a barrel of 22" or more. 1" high at 100 yards is about 4" low at 300... don't get no righter for coyote work...

Ive shot a couple now with the 55 NBTs and have had both good results and extreme blow ups. I don't know what the diference is other than mabey hitting a heavy bone and getting crazy defrag. Like someone else on PM said though it kills like hot lighting. You just might have a window in the pelt:)

Ted

Originally Posted By: Colorado Coyotes Hornady factory ammo with the 75gr HP works great.

That's the BEST factory load I've shot, and they're priced very reasonable.
My best handload so far is H414 and the 80 grain Sierra Varminter bullet. My experience is pretty limited with both loads, but I haven't seen any blow-ups from either yet.

Quote:I agree with rebrick99 38g of varget with 70g nosler bt. little hole in and jello on inside and no exit.

Thanks guys, i think i will try this one out. I like Nosler BT's anyway.

thanks for all the help

The most pelt friendly I've used was 58 g. Vmax and 44 grains of 4064. My favorite is 75 g. Vmax and 40 grains of 4064.

Originally Posted By: erickg85 grain Sierra BTHP, max 4064 in one and max 4350 in the other. Are these the game kings? What kinda exit wound? Whats the difference in your 4064 and 4350 loads im in process of loading these with those two powders for testing thanks

My best load is a 62gr Barnes varmint Grenades with 41gr of varget. It shoots 3/4 moa at 200 yds out of a adam & Benette barrel 18" long.

Back