Marines shoot insurgent who was 'playing dead'

Jeff Mock

I posted this yesterday in the Military section and received no feedback. This is an incident that took place 1 week AFTER the incedent where the Marine shot the "unarmed, wounded insurgent/terroist bast*erd". It's amazing that it has received NO PRESS or air time...

Monday, November 22, 2004. 9:11am (AEDT)

The US military says Marines in Fallujah have shot and killed an insurgent who engaged them as he was faking being dead, a week after footage of a marine killing an apparently unarmed and wounded Iraqi caused a stir in the region.

"Marines from the 1st Marine Division shot and killed an insurgent who while faking dead opened fire on the marines who were conducting a security and clearing patrol through the streets," a military statement said.

The point-blank shooting on November 13 of a wounded Iraqi was caught on tape and beamed around the world.

It raised questions about the degree of military restraint and fanned Arab resentment.

The marine was withdrawn from combat and an investigation launched.

Military sources had said that the rules of engagement were looser during the operation launched in Fallujah, for fear that rebels would be disguised, fake death or wear suicide explosives belts.

The US military and Iraqi government troops are still carrying house-to-house searches in the rebel bastion but two weeks after it was launched, the largest post-Saddam military operation in Iraq is all but over.

According to US military figures, more than 1,200 insurgents have been killed in the intense fighting, as well as 51 US troops and eight Iraqi personnel.

Well I don't care if you're playing tea party... if you're shooting a weapon at soldiers you are going to be killed. The press must've relized this was pretty justified and they couldn't tug enough liberal heartstrings to sell papers with it. :rolleyes:

The thing that I find MOST amazing and sickening is that they supposedly had an anti-war activist embedded and he is the one who took that video of the other incident and released it. Don't they do any background checks on these guys?!?!?! That is SO unfair to the men and women who are fighting those a$$hole killers who want nothing more than to kill Americans.

EDIT: I say kill or be killed. Anyone who fired at them and then *acted* dead needs to BE dead. End of story.

Back