Loads for 270 WSM??

kilk14

I just bought a 270 WSM (Winchester Coyote Lite Mod 70) and was wondering what you guys on here that own a 270WSM are loading for your guns and what is shooting well for you? I'd like to shoot a 130gr Scirrocco bullet but I'd let you talk me out of it if you have something better.

I shoot a 130 nosler accubond over 60.7 grains of H4350 and am very happy with the results. This is out of a savage. Might give you something to start with. Of course, start lower and work up to what works in your Winchester.

I load my dad's Winchester rounds at 59.5 H4350 and a 130 grain soft point. It also shoots very well for him.

have fun.

I load 67.5grs. of Accurate Arms MagPro behind a Nosler 140gr. Accubond bullet.Using a Winchester large rifle magnum primer. I get 1/2" groups out of my Remington 700xcr 270wsm.

Originally Posted By: 700xcrI load 67.5grs. of Accurate Arms MagPro behind a Nosler 140gr. Accubond bullet.Using a Winchester large rifle magnum primer. I get 1/2" groups out of my Remington 700xcr 270wsm.

+1, except I loaded mine quite a bit stiffer than that.

MagPro is an absolute gem in my 270 WSM. Best velocity and accuracy for me with the Berger VLD or Nosler Accubond. I had high hopes for the Reloder 17 but it wouldn't hang with MagPro.

Last edited:
I shoot stiff dose of Accurate's MagPro with 140gr Accubonds as well. It is a great speed/accuracy combination for my rifle.

I bought a Remington SPS to take caribou hunting several years ago. With a factory 24" pipe would sling these at 3275fps (actual chrony speed). My 5 shot groups at 200yds would typically be 3/4" high by 2 1/2" wide with the factory pipe, plenty good enough for a big game rifle. I figured could live with a little horizontal stringing with the velocities I was getting. I liked the cartridge so well, I sent the rifle to Pac-Nor and had the action trued and also had a 26" stainless barrel put on it after deer season was over. I have not got to shoot across a chrony yet, but my previous loads shoot nice round groups
thumbup.gif

Back