6mmx45 AR Complete Uppers starting at $450

Originally Posted By: reb8600You are telling us you paid up front for yours? Read back through the post. Supposedly no one paid up front for them.

Yes, I paid in full on 9-11-10...

Mine should be here on Monday or Tuesday. Still need a scope, bullets, dies, powder and maybe a PC lower before I can start shooting. Need to save a little cash before I can get that stuff.

Thanks Frontier Armory for the great service!
thumbup1.gif
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
OK guys,

I need your advice. I am seriously thinking about snatching one of these up, but I can't decide between the 18" barrel or the 20". Please tell me why you chose to go with the barrel length that you did. I am leaning towards the 20" because it might give me a bit more velocity. I will be primarily using this for coyote hunting. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: SDCoyoteCallerOK guys,

I need your advice. I am seriously thinking about snatching one of these up, but I can't decide between the 18" barrel or the 20". Please tell me why you chose to go with the barrel length that you did. I am leaning towards the 20" because it might give me a bit more velocity. I will be primarily using this for coyote hunting. Thanks.

I have an 18" and am happy. I really think its 6, 1/2 dozen of the other type deal.

For me it's not about weight but what I like. So for me I got the 20" I do more target shooting to get ready for hunting only takes one shot to get what I shoot at

Originally Posted By: MPFDOriginally Posted By: reb8600You are telling us you paid up front for yours? Read back through the post. Supposedly no one paid up front for them.

Yes, I paid in full on 9-11-10...

And I paid in full on 9-12-10 !!

Last edited:
I think the 18" is perfect. You don't need as much barrel length with the 6x45 as you do the .223 rem. The increased ID of the 6mm bore gives more internal volume in which to burn powder. My 18" is perfect! Its easy to carry, fast swinging and nothing I've shot so far has been able to tell any differnece in MV...

I went with the 20" due to the ranges here in WY (could be close as 50' or to 400 yds) and it will be used for Antelope as well as coyotes. That was my deciding point.

Its 6:15 pm & my 6x45 20" upper arrived....
w00t.gif

Mounted on an RRA PP lower with timney 3lb trigger, PEPR mount & Nikon 6-18x40 mil-dot scope right now.
Now Sunday needs to get here for range time!
Well assembled, no flaws at all.
I will have to drill & tap the forearm for a sling & bipod.

Thank You Guido!!

pheasanthunt007.jpg

Give us range reports guys , i have a 6.5 they are building for me and suppose to be ready in 2 weeks , glad to hear all the good report on the well built 6x45's they are putting out.

These things are money. If you have ever wanted a 6x45 these are the deal of the year!!! Mine is shooting 1/4 to 1/2 MOA on the regular.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...659#Post1683659

I am so happy with the way it shoots, that I order a second 16" barrel from Black Hole and had it fitted on my M4gery with a M1S free float tube. It shoots every bit as good as the New Fontier upper. There will be a Range report soon to come on that one this weekend. I got a chance to shoot some groups last weekend but had to leave early to go to Boise, ID for work and have not got a chance to compile pictures for the report yet. But it shot very well!!!

Last edited:
Just got home and the 6x45 upper was at my door. Got it put on the lower, man it looks good. Thanks new frontier and Guido I will be shooting this weekend and will try to take some pictures

Originally Posted By: MPFDThese things are money. If you have ever wanted a 6x45 these are the deal of the year!!! Mine is shooting 1/4 to 1/2 MOA on the regular.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...659#Post1683659

I am so happy with the way it shoots, that I order a second 16" barrel from Black Hole and had it fitted on my M4gery with a M1S free float tube. It shoots every bit as good as the New Fontier upper. There will be a Range report soon to come on that one this weekend. I got a chance to shoot some groups last weekend but had to leave early to go to Boise, ID for work and have not got a chance to compile pictures for the report yet. But it shot very well!!!

I'm laughing here.. but with jealousy and envy
smile.gif
HAHAHA... Waiting on my BHW barrel which shipped today.

Good to know that you liked the BHW barrel in the New Frontier upper you go.... that you ordered another one. Glad to know that these barrels are becoming so popular. Will be calling these guys in the AM to see about getting my upper sent this way as well.

Originally Posted By: GuidoOriginally Posted By: hntr4lifehas anyone found any factory ammo (with the correct headstamp) for the 6x45

Cor-Bon / Robinson is the only one at the moment commercially producing ammo in 6mm x 45 at the moment. The 85gr DPX bullet has a muzzle velocity of 2,800fps and approx. 1480lbs at the muzzle with a 16" barrel

WARNING:

I ordered 2 boxes of the 70gr HPBT Match on the 20th and checked the "status" of the order everyday since till today, everyday it said "Processing". Today I called them and asked about the "status", they said it was backordered and will be for "some time". No where on their site does it say "Backordered". I cancelled my order and ordered from Midway, they are in stock at midway and if ordered today 11/30/10, it should arrive by 12/06/10.

Just a heads up, Not bashing Cor-bon, just wish they would put their inventory status to be seen on their site.

Chupa

Did you check les Baer? They have black hills ammo and I think it's cheaper than the cor-bon. Just another alternative to look at possibly.

How satisfied is everyone that purchased one of these uppers from New Frontier Armory? I am seriously considering getting one and was curious how they are performing.

I have one that had some issue with the bolt carrier dragging on the inside of the upper. It wouldn't cycle the next round out of the mag consistantly, even when running it dripping wet!

Contacted them and showed pics of what it looked like. I sent it back and it was taken care of promptley.

Back