Coyote Slayer..6.5 Grendel

Overwatcher

Hey everyone new to the forums and gotta say they are great so far!
Have been into the 6.5 Grendel cartridge for awhile and love it for a yote setup!
18" BBL,DNTC comp,DPMS lo-pro with a custom cut side charging handle/setup machined by myself.
Also an Armalite handguard parted off to midlength size.
Alexander arms lower with ace stock,and a sightmark 1-5x scope.
Pretty dang light and alot of fun!

img25510.jpg

Great looking gun, i to love the Grendel dont think there is a better round for the AR frame as far as a all around gun.

Welcome aboard glad to have you.

Duracoat by a friend of mine in Greenwood, AR.

He has a website of several he has done. I also have a .204 AR that he did for me.

100_0389.jpg

Great looking rifle Overwatcher!

Im using Wolf 120 grain MPT.
Perfect for MOC(Minute of Coyote)
Im going to be loading up some Hornady 123g A-MAX, and give them a whirl..
Those hollow points really make a hole in the pelt!

Here is mine , dies didnt come in before i had to come back to work so i did some playing with the factory AA 120gr NBT and they shoot pretty good, will do a little fine tuning once my dies come in but i will be deer hunt with the 120's and predators hunting with the 100's NBT.

IMG_4499.jpg

IMG_4497.jpg

IMG_4496.jpg

IMG_4495.jpg

IMG_4494.jpg

IMG_4492.jpg

Last edited:
I did the side charging handle on a hass VF-1 cnc mill.My full time job is a research and development cnc machinist..however I am still good buddy's with the instructor that i went to technical school with..so i have access to cnc mills an lathes off hours..The handle is done out of 304 s.s.,knurled it and tapped and drilled it for a 1/4-28 bolt..and the billet upper is a DPMS lo-pro,milled to alexander arms(aka mega upper) pocket specs.
Drilling and tapping the bolt carrier was for sure the toughest part..as its hardened.
As for the handguard it is an armalite G10 composite that i parted down on a lathe from rifle length to midlength.
Really liking the build and ended up super light!

Back