6.8 loads with sierra 110 pro hunter bullets ?

captin

Anyone tried these bullets ? I just bought a upper (Stag hunter 21" 1/11 twist in 6.8 and ordered dies and need some proven powders and load sugestions. I don't want to buy more powder I won't use for anything else. I have Varget, H414,H4350 and H335.

I just picked up a box of Sierra 110 Pro Hunter bullets to try, plan on trying these on Georgia white tails.

Thanks

H-322 and 10X are the only powders I load with in 6.8spc 29.0gr shoots great out of the 3 6.8's that I have.
SPH 110gr is a great alround bullet for the 6.8 spc I've killed dear and coyotes with it.

I don't see any powders I would call good for the 6.8 SPC in
your list. My load development shows Reloader 10x and Benchmark
as top choices. If you are looking to squeeze velocity out
of the 6.8 SPC then RL-10x is the choice. Benchmark has lower
average velocity but can produce some exceptional groups.

If I had to pick from your list, the only one that shows up
in load data is H335. I prefer small extruded powders but this
spherical has a good following.

Squeeze

Thanks Squeeze, I guess I will pick up some RL 10x and Benchmark, may try some H322 also. I will be shooting em in 21" stag SS barreled upper.

Just can't find a lot of load data.

I had a few lbs of H322 on my shelf so used it when I stared loading for my Robinson Arms XCR-L in 6.8 SPC it has a 18.6" 1-11" twist spec 11 chamber barrel.

I load 110gr Prohunters with 29grs H322/Rem LR brass/Win LR primers = 2650fps.

Due to the extremely tough jacket construction of these bullets (they are not designed to expand below 2300fps) I keep all of my shots on game to 125 yards max basically these are my practice/plinking load.

My bullet of choice for hunting and I have shot 2 mule deer with this combo this fall are the new Barnes 95gr TTSX I use 30grs of H322 = 2825fps.

These 95gr TTSX are designed for the 6.8 SPC and will expand in soft tissue to below 1700fps = over 400 yards I am limiting my hunting distance to a max 300 yards though.

Another bullet I would look at are the 100gr & 110gr Accubonds due to the bonding process they will expand down to 1800fps which extends your hunting distance with this cartridge out to 400 yards as well if you are capable of doing your part...

Wilson combat has some for sale regularly as does midwayusa. Those are the only two I know of at the moment.

I too like the accubonds 100 gr to be exact. The are shooting close to 2900 gps out of 18in barrel. But I shoot the tac loads from Ssa. I'm working on loads though since I just got a press

The h322 and r10 I've seen good results out of. A buddy uses xterminator which seems to work well with it as well

Back