A good sunday morning!

Dr. Thunder

I found this track at around 6:00am this morning and they had it rocked up by 8:00am. They could see the cat real good from where they were so they got to bay real hard for a long time. I wish it would have treed so my pups could have got some tree time in but hey i cant complain! My lead dog mitsy(whos head is out of the pic) did a real good job leading the two pups. The other two dogs are huck(on bottom) and gritty(on top), Huck is 7 months old tomarrow and gritty is 1 1/2. It is grittys 3rd race ever. I got her about a month ago and i like what she is doing so far, she had never been hunted before i got her. Both the younger dogs made the entire race from truck to tree. Hope you like the pics.

177.jpg

180.jpg

179.jpg

178.jpg

it is only persuit season right now so i had to leave the cat. Dec. 1st kill season opens and i will be back in that area to try and find that guy again. Pretty nice cat and i would guess he was around the 28-30lb range.

Good job on the bobcat, and running the pups too. Man, I wish it wouldn't have been blowing 50 mph this morning. Made one stand and that was it. My buddy brought his son and the little guy was freezing. We saw 5 coyotes on the way to our first stand.

thanks guys. I started 4 10's at work this year and i have been able to get out alot more. most of the time im a retard and go barrelling in to the dogs and forget the camera but, today i managed to remember it all lol. He was a nice cat and i hope i can find him again.

cant wait til this weekend buddy! them cats better have them runnin shoes on! wish kill season was here as them younger dogs could use one, but oh well. we are supposed to have a break in the storm and its gonna hit again on friday so...there will be a little white stuff to play in....lol

jimmy/50bees

Nice pics Thunder. I have stayed around the ranch the last few days, no fun hunting in the 40mph+ wind.Also lots of elk hunters out right now. We have about 4 inches down on the flats, and 6+ up high. Should be a good season.

Duane, I have sense been snowed out of the hills so it looks like im in the desert country already and the season has not even begun. I think its time to invest into a sled or a horse with long long legs. I know its thanksgiving and all tomarrow but, im goin huntin and when the weekend comes around then ill be in the woods. This addiction just gets worse and worse lol. Take care to all and happy thanksgiving! Good huntin to all as well.

Marshall

Thunder, I cut a nice track just at dark today, about an inch of snow in it,so, being on private ground that I lease, I left it for another day.
I'm also snowed out of some good country, I was pushing snow over the hood today, and "gave up", to hunt some lower country. Come on over, we can hunt desert cats for days.
I'm going again in a few hours, maybe get somethin done.

Back