what was the first rifle or shotgun you recieved?

Daisy single shot .22. Bought it when I was 13 for $30 at Walmart. Still have it. Got pulled over years ago and the State Trooper couldn't believe it, the gun was made with no serial numbers! You can see the spot where they would go, but they were never stamped.

At 14 I got a NEF topper with two barrels (20 ga and .30-30), and it has been downhill from there
smile.gif

Mine was a 22 colt rifle that i traded my motorcycle to. Wish i did not trade it for a stevens 12ga. I know who has it and have tried several times to buy it but no luck. Man when i was 12 i was stupid lol.

stevens single shot .22 ...... lost the ramp for the rear sight and replaced it with a mesquite sliver 25+ yrs. later the sliver is still in it and its still knats azz accurate.....

My first was a Mossberg .410 bolt with external screw on choke tubes, full, mod, and IC. My grandpa gave it to me for Christmas 1976. I still have it my sons now shoot it.

The 1st weapon (other than a BB gun) that I was "loaned", was an old H&R single shot .410. It belonged to my Grandpa.

The 1st gun I rec'd that was truly mine, was a Stevens 20g pump. I don't remember the model.
One of the best guns I ever owned, & wish I still had it.
I took many pheasants & rabbits with that gun as I was growing to adulthood.

My first gun....... Just happens to have been my Dad's first gun. A Remington Model 31. A sweet little 16ga. pump with a 28 in. full choke barrel. I still shoot it once in while. Nothing shoots quite like it.

A Remington 510 Targetmaster .22 single shot. My folks bought it used for my 12th birthday. Shot many bricks of 22 shells through that gun. It still has a spot in the safe.

Dad gave me his Marlin 25 bolt action 22. Still the most accurate 22 I have ever shot.

But my first "new" gun was a Ruger 10/22.

Last edited:
A remington scoremaster 511 .22 got it when I was 5 even before a BB gun. Still have it and will always have it till I pass then my boy will get it.

Parents:
Savage 22 when I was 8

Remington 870 wingmaster when I was 11 (last year of engraved reciever)

Remington BDL 25-06 when I was 16 (last year of 25-06 in BDL)

Ruger SR9 just a couple of months ago

Me:
Bought my first rifle this fall, Howa 1500 .204 ruger

My first one was a single shot 514 Remington that was my dads when he was a kid, a loaner I guess. Popo, my dads father gave me his Winchester 94 in a 30-30 when I was 12 and I got a Winchester 1200 12 gauge the same year for Christmas. My first purchased firearm was a Remington 700 ADL in a 7 magat a yard sale for 285$ and got the VX2 3X9,
carry case, 2 boxes of shell and the reloading dies. All at the age of 14. I think the cops are still looking for me. I got a steal on the one. All are still in the safe.

RTLOF(TONY)

first bb gun at age of 4 or 5 Daisy lever action
Rifle: Marlin Single shot bolt action .22lr at age of 6 or 7
Shotgun New England 410 at age of 8 or 9

Daisy BB gun, lever action; the one that looks like a Red Ryder but doesn't have the forearm stock
lol.gif
! LOL

Marlin 22, think the 60 model. Came with a Tasco scope and a soft case (more like a gun sock); for like $120 then. Sold it a couple years ago for the same price.

My dad got a new "dear rifle" and gave me his old Remington Model 721 in .270 Win, which I still have; and is what I hunt with.

I've never owned a lot of guns. I have one handgun. One rifle! Access to my dad's guns if I need them. He has a couple rifles, couple shotguns; and a few handguns. Guns cost money! LMAO

I want a AR someday and I'll be set. I don't need much. Been thinking about selling my handgun. It's a Browning Hi-Power in 9mm. Paid around $400 and something new! I was in a gunshop recently and seen that same gun selling for over $900!!!!!!!!!!! I about flipped! Never seen a gun go up in value that much that's not a antique or something. LOL Personally I think there are a lot better handguns out there; but that's just me.

LMAO Sorry for the rambling:)!

Arden

Back