What I have been up to! (Pics)

getemclose

Well guys and gals, Its been a few weeks so since I have been around. I have been real busy with school, and also rifle hunting whitetails. The coyotes were given a short break but it is now over!

On Sunday Marty and I went out in search of a whitetail buck which I had a tag for. As light cracked we spotted this buck rutting a doe. As you see in the picture this deer has blood all over his horns, and some on his hide. When we spotted him all of this blood was on him. We think he must have got in one heck of a scrap with another buck!

Anyways he is a nice one to end the season with, will probally score in the 150 range. His mass was un-real!

lol1-2.jpg

lol2-2.jpg

Now that my tag is filled, and rifle season is OVER THANK GOD! Its time to get back after the coyotes hard.

I snuck out for a few stands this morning before a blizzard hit and was able to pick up a couple dogs.

This coyote I called across a half mile long lake.. He came all the way across the ice. It was absolutely beautiful. If I could ever have one scene to show you guys this would have been it. This is one of the biggest female coyotes I have ever killed.

brute2.jpg

brute.jpg

I forgot to snap a photo of the next dog I killed before the storm hit.. Two dogs came to the call and one didnt make it out!.. I was unable to get the lead dog as he DIVE BOMBED the foxpro. Ears pinned back, teeth showing. What a sight! The second dog stopped to survey and that was her demise.

Allot more to come, The best far of the season is right in front of us
smile.gif

HOM%20-%20Banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm impressed all the way around. I'm still toting a deer tag and right now things aren't looking too bright between the weather and time running out. Been death on the coyotes and birds though.
smile.gif

Thanks guys, Its shaping up to be one heck of a season.. I am see'ing the most coyotes I have ever in my life, in my areas.. Allot of coyotes are going to die.. Its going to be a blast!

That big ol boy looks to be on steroids compared to the one I shot. Didn`t fill my bonus antlerless tag this year either which realy surprised me..numbers seemed much lower this year.

Tony it appears I sent the money for my howler to the wrong address.. OOPS! Anyways, with a slight delay, its headed to your place
smile.gif

Wow, nice buck. I wish I could have been a fly buzzing around to see where all that blood came from. I have heard that whitetails are no strangers to fighting to the death. This is proof. I have seen several big bucks fight back in college. They are ruthless to say the least. Talk about kicking someone when they are down, a whitetail is the epitomy of doing that.

She looks like she's been eatin real good. Just goes to show you though, as filled out and prime as she was, still came that far for an "easy" snack. Too bad you couldn't gotten a pic of the one tryin to eat the call, those would have been sweet. What state are you in? Great job!!!

Back