ASAT Vanish Pro 3D

singlecoil

Anyone using the ASAT Vanish Pro 3D suit? I'm seriously thinking about purchaseing one mainly because it supposed to breakup your outline and it should be useable in all weather conditions. Just had a couple questions for some actual owners. First is the quality good? I'd like it to last and second if you use it over heavy winter clothing should you buy one size larger than your normal size? I want to use it in cold and warm weather. Give me all the pros and cons, likes and dislikes please.

I bought one this year before archery season and so far I love it it really breaks up your outline and you just melt into the background. Keep in mind that I am in east Texas and hunt mostly in hardwood bottoms and pine thickets, but I think it would work equally well in the area you are in, actually I think with its open pattern and mute colors (cream, brown, and black)it will work well just about anywhere ASAT (all season all terrain). The suit is cut very large I normally buy everything in 2xl I called ASAT and they said to order same size that the suit is very generous, they were right it fits over a set of walls coveralls with no problem as a matter of fact during early season when I was just wearing shorts a t shirt and the camo suit It was very large, for a better fit I am thinking about having it taken up a little just for that reason also had to get a pair of suspenders for the pants but I think if I had just got the xl it would not have worked with the coveralls.

James

"3 lbs" thats not bad for a gilley I have used a few different brands and home made models and usually they are heavy and hot and very movement limiting. but if the ultralite only goes 3 lbs I might just give it a try. I do like the Rancho Safari products, I have been using their cat quiver for a while now.

James

I've got it narrowed down to these 2. Rancho Safari and ASAT Vanish pro. I know the quality of the Rancho is very good as I actually held one but I"m not sure on the ASAT. Right now I'm using a reminton leafy type suit and it's ok but I don't think it's going to last very long quality wise. I want something that will handle the serious abuse that happens when you call alot out in the desert. Between the cat claws, mesquite, sand burrs etc. it doesn't take long to figure out what will stand up and what wont. How is your's holding up James?

I have a 3d suit in ASAT I will sell you if you are looking.I love the pattern but where I hunt has so many briars that its hard to use that type of clothing.pM me if you are interested I was getting ready to put it up on the classifieds anyways.

the ASAT is very liteweight. Mine is holding up quite well but I could see the base material being ripped very easily in the desert environment where everything either bites stings cuts or stabs you. the base material is a fine mesh almost like shoot through netting on pop up blinds with the leafy material sewed in strips down the suit the leafy material stands up approx 1.5-2.0 inches and is cut in a wavy pattern. The ASAT is very well made but I do not think it will be as long lasting in the conditions you outlined. I do like mine but I have only had it for a couple of months so my use has been limited to bow hunting out of climbing and ladder stands and 2 ground hunts. I hope this helps you decide.

James

MACHINIST, thanks for the offer but I'm leaning toward the RS ghille now. I'm afraid that I will have the same problems that I have with my remington leafy suit. Just too many sand burrs and other stuff to catch on out here. James, thanks for the info and it definitely helped me decide.

Yes you definatly will I have never had a ghille so I cant say if you will have the same problems there or not.jus though I would ask.If anyone else is looking for a 3d asat leafy suit pm me.I believe its a large or x-large

Back