Sighted in, the season is upon us...

dogtired

I went out to trial my gun and load for this season now that we have a little snow, and who says lightweight carbines can't shoot.

The gun, Franken-carbine. Rock River upper with lightweight barrel.
ARCamopaint.jpg

Load is 26 grains H4895 with a moly coated 55 grain Vmax. Unwanted bullets I bought from a member here.

The Results (two and four are 3 shot groups, others are 5 shots), numbers indicate the sequence, group 3 is a different powder and non moly bullet even (Group 3 is 25 grains H335 with uncoated 55 grain Vmax). Scope adjusted group 3 and 4.
IMAG0205.jpg

Mostly I just like posting Pics...

Originally Posted By: dogtiredI went out to trial my gun and load for this season now that we have a little snow, and who says lightweight carbines can't shoot.

They can't unless someone is behind the trigger....
laugh.gif

With that height on the holes Id say you are right on at 200-250.
Now get out and shoot some varmints.

Good shooting. My 20" predator pursuit seems to really like 55 VMax with 26.1 grains of the same powder. Have yet to get a trial on a yote with it ...

Gotta work on that.

I still need to have a Springfield trigger done. I just put some reduced power springs in it so far and that alone made a big difference.

Of course I said the season was upon us. Went out this morning with fellow member ODAWGP for a little calling and we had a great time, not a Three Dog Night but a 4 Dog Morning. He ended up shooting most of the take, but I added a few coup de gras shots.

Here is the first one, big male at 33 pounds:
IMAG0207.jpg

ODAWGP was kind enough to carry all the meat:
IMAG0206.jpg

Poor little puppy, we both shot him/her (didn't check under the hood):
IMAG0208.jpg

And the last, our favorite, a flea infested [beeep] that had us both paranoid. Of course ODAWGP was kind enough to carry her and suffer the largest infestation.
IMAG0209.jpg

That ain't me, I am much better looking. ODAWGP seems to do pretty well with quick reloads, that is a good skill set for him...

He will pipe in soon enough and let you know.

Originally Posted By: bigsky_songdogsDogtired,
how do you like the encore are a predator gun> do you find the single shot as a hinderance?
thanks
Fin

It is lite I love packing it, it will make you make the first shot count.

although today I had to reload as I whiffed on the first shot when the puppy came in but made the second shot count. had it been an older dog I wouldn't have had the chance.

Dogtired made sure it was down even though it was doing the dance.

The biggest problem i have with it is keeping my head down and on target

I don't know if I am thinking reload the second I pull the trigger or what?

The first coyote of the year is the hardest to hit so hitting three on the first outing of the year take all the pressure off

Originally Posted By: bigsky_songdogsNice rifle. Why are those bullet holes so spread out?
lol.gif

Just kidding,nice job Those are his shotgun patterns. Just kidding, geez lighten up.

@ 100yds I will take that group over any shotgun pattern you can show me

To bad I have to leave town to work this winter we were just getting it dialed in

Back