Sierra Seconds?

JJH

I have seen people here mention they buy Sierra seconds and have a couple questions. Do they sell them right at the manufacturing facility? Do they have set hours? What days are they open?

I am gonna be driving from MN to OK for the holidays it sounds like, and seeing as its only 1 1/2 from KC out of my way I figured it might be worth the effort.

Give them a call first. Sometimes there is someone there and sometime there isn't. Also make sure they have the bullets you want before driving there.

I shoot alot of Hornady seconds in .243 and .308 and have never had a complaint about any of them. The only blemish I have seen is discolored copper. But I do have to go to Grand Island to get them.

Last edited:
Quote: Sometimes there is someone there and sometime there isn't.
WOW, guess I got lucky. Was passing through and dropped in; got the grand tour of the plant and bought several pounds of seconds a couple of years ago.

Well worth the time spent IMO.

Regards,
hm

The Sierra Manf. plant is Open M-F 8-5 with the outlet store 9-5 phone 800-223-8799. When Calling ask for outlet store they will tell you the bullets they have in your Caliber & will take you on a tour of the Manf. plant & 200 yard underground Shooting Range. The plant is just Off Hwy. 50 in Sedalia ,Mo. The Bullets I bought shoot great But I spent to much $$$$.

Back