Looking for a bi-pod

22-250Savage

im looking for a bi-pod that i can use on my 22-250. i want something that I can use sitting down most of the time. any suggestions on what to look at?

Harris with the pivoting top is the way to go for bi-pods. Shooting sticks have a place as well in some situations but I like the bi-pod. I often hunt with the shotgun in my hands and the rifle to my side. IMO

I have been very happy with the rapid pivot system by Stoney Point. Most of my hunting is sitting on the ground with a pad. I am taller and they fit well. Plus they have enough height to work if I am sitting on the side of a hill. They cost less than the Haris stuff and for not that many more dollars you can buy extra studs to use them on more than one gun.

I agree with JStone. I too use the Stoney Point Rapid Pivot and I couldnt be happier. As he stated you can buy seperate attachment so that you can use one bi-pod for all your guns. Ive had mine for almost 4 years with no complaints. Buy one and you wont be dissappointed. Good luck, Josh.

I run a two different Harris, a HB25S and a HBRMS both with a CAA universal equipment mount.

the CAA Mount is a QD and makes it easy to take on and off a quad rail AR depending on my shooting situation. (i usually only use the 6-9 version for shooting prone out of really short grass or off a bench)

My hunting set up is the Harris HB25S with the same CAA Universal Equipment Mount. Again, it makes the Harris a Quick Detach bipod so I can interchange them for any situation.

Get the tall one if you do mostly seated shooting.

I suggest shooting sticks, they can be dropped for that coyote that came in uder the barrel that you can't shoot cause your bipod won't let you lower your rifle.

t/c223encore.

t/c223encore makes a good point but my bipod can be pulled off and dropped out of the way pretty dang quickly if need be. Its as easy as 123.

The weight issue has never really bothered me much so I use both sticks and a bi-pod. I have a short harris that I will sure if the situation calls for a prone shot and some homemade sticks that I will use for a seated shot.

Boggear bi-pod all the way. I actually keep a Harris on my rifle all the time, but used my Bog Gear bi-pod 90% of the time. The only time I use my Harris is for longer shots when I can shoot prone. The Bog Gear has several features I like. One, it's sturdy and well built. Two, (and this is major) it has flip-type latch release on the legs, not turn releases. I've had several Stoney Point bi or mono pods with the turn releases and every one of them has broken or failed me sooner or later...especially in really cold weather. Never had a bobble with the Bog Gear, and I will never buy a Stoney Point rest of any kind ever again! Lastly the "U" shaped rifle rest fits my AR perfectly as well as the beaver tail forearm of my Ruger VT. Plus it swivels so one can pan side to side. If some one comes up with a better bi-pod I will buy it, but for now I think it's the best thing on the market. Here is my set up...muley shed not necessary, but did bring me good luck.
wink.gif
CoyoteSept29-1.jpg

Might have to try the Bog gear stuff, looks good.

I have tried a lot of stuff, but keep defaulting to Harris bipods thus far. I really like the "S" series. I hate how they make a light gun heavy, but at least my hands are free for bushwhacking...

I have used the Predator Sniper Styx for years and have found nothing that tickles my fancy better (yet). If the situation arises I will go prone unsupported and jam the but of the mag in the ground for extra support

I'm liking my Versa-Pod I have Harris pods also but the external springs hanging up in brush and the "TWANG" thing annoyed me into trying something new. All the bells and whistles of the high dollar Harris but a better price tag without the external springs and "TWANG"
Click Here----------> Versa-Pod
PA270220.jpg

Back