Predator light

Doesn't anyone see the $270 price tag as a negative for an LED light? PM me for details on a bridge I'm selling, location is flexible.

Originally Posted By: medic889Originally Posted By: hillbilly1Predator light is a pretty good light. It's compact, light, no wires, no battery packs, and seems like it runs for forever. Only down side I have against it that the red filter cuts the light alot. The amber seems to be a little brighter than the red filter. I only use it for scanning as a headlamp on a soft cap. Works great.

Ditch the filter and give it a try. I don't even own a filter for mine and I have no problems with spooking anything that comes in. So far that includes Cats, Fox, Coyotes, Deer, Cows, Coons, Skunks(Might have liked it to spook that),State Troopers, ENCON Officers. (The white does seem to draw in the last 2 a little more though.) Cant explain it but a filter is not needed.

In WV we have to use red or amber filters....

Originally Posted By: smilinIBDoesn't anyone see the $270 price tag as a negative for an LED light? PM me for details on a bridge I'm selling, location is flexible.

i agree it will be nice when the perfect light comes out...279 and most say you still need a shooting light....
but it would be nice for scanning... would be nice for someone to come up with 1 light to do it all....

Originally Posted By: hillbilly1Originally Posted By: medic889Originally Posted By: hillbilly1Predator light is a pretty good light. It's compact, light, no wires, no battery packs, and seems like it runs for forever. Only down side I have against it that the red filter cuts the light alot. The amber seems to be a little brighter than the red filter. I only use it for scanning as a headlamp on a soft cap. Works great.

Ditch the filter and give it a try. I don't even own a filter for mine and I have no problems with spooking anything that comes in. So far that includes Cats, Fox, Coyotes, Deer, Cows, Coons, Skunks(Might have liked it to spook that),State Troopers, ENCON Officers. (The white does seem to draw in the last 2 a little more though.) Cant explain it but a filter is not needed.

you dont listen to those crazy laws down there do ya hillbilly????

jj there bud...hope ya have a good season....

Originally Posted By: smilinIBDoesn't anyone see the $270 price tag as a negative for an LED light? PM me for details on a bridge I'm selling, location is flexible.

its all in what you want,its not like the lightforce isnt a lot of money.but it dose work,can scan and shoot with it.its just kinda big
ive had cheaper lights and they didnt come close.

Originally Posted By: happyyoterOriginally Posted By: hillbilly1Originally Posted By: medic889Originally Posted By: hillbilly1Predator light is a pretty good light. It's compact, light, no wires, no battery packs, and seems like it runs for forever. Only down side I have against it that the red filter cuts the light alot. The amber seems to be a little brighter than the red filter. I only use it for scanning as a headlamp on a soft cap. Works great.

you dont listen to those crazy laws down there do ya hillbilly????

jj there bud...hope ya have a good season....

happy, I almost got a ticket last year, because I got caught with the filter off my predator light. I'd popped the filter off while walking into the stand, and forgot to put it back on when I had settled in and started calling. DNR was running the area pretty tight trying to catch spot lighters, had I known that before hand, I'd have let that spot go for a few more weeks. Didn't take long at all before they were on me asking questions, faster than I could answer them. They let me go, but told me they'd better not catch me scanning without a filter on it again. Lesson Learned!!!

i know lol....learned my lesson when i was 18.....we were on back roads and crossed the state line....cops ripped the truck apart....lol...we did see alot of deer.....wish PA...didnt have spotting...spoters burn the fur showin the kids....since its for the kids though...guess i can work harder to kill fur....

I love the Predator light. the only animal i havent hit with the white beam is coyote. I shined fox, bobcat, deer no problems. The white is very bright IMO . low setting is enough. amber lense is better then red i think. Great scanning and shooting light imo. With the white it is def a good shooting light. No wires! Light! bright! long battery life! what more could ya want?

The 279 negative is the same as the 1200 to 1400 negative for an acog, or a nightforce, or spending 2500 on a custom .22-250. Or paying 300 to 400 for a quad rail for an ar15 when you can buy one for 100. Or buying a decked out truck instead of a base model.
People spend 100, 200, 500k on a house. It is just some place to sleep. I bought land.. 70 acres. To each his own.
God Bless America.
Wags

Last edited:
I like the ability to dim the light. I like the recharge feature without carrying extra/ swapping batteries, I like the hat mount actually... the light goes where my head goes. I have a CREE light mounted on the AR to shoot. I like the light weight. Money is not the main object if I am happy with the product.
Wags

$279.00 negative for me... When I can get something for a lot less I'll go for it. For now....I'll do without. There are things out there that will work for much less money.

Originally Posted By: bobeanoive had cheaper lights and they didnt come close.

tt1.gif
Dang, they're all cheaper!

Originally Posted By: wagspe208Originally Posted By: smilinIBDoesn't anyone see the $270 price tag as a negative for an LED light? PM me for details on a bridge I'm selling, location is flexible.
The 279 negative is the same as the 1200 to 1400 negative for an acog, or a nightforce, or spending 2500 on a custom .22-250. Or paying 300 to 400 for a quad rail for an ar15 when you can buy one for 100. Or buying a decked out truck instead of a base model.
People spend 100, 200, 500k on a house. It is just some place to sleep. I bought land.. 70 acres. To each his own.
God Bless America.
Wags

Wags, we're taking flashlights here, not real estate, not guns, not trucks. I agree "to each his own", but I must work harder than some for my money.

Originally Posted By: smilinIBAll bridge PM's answered. I have a bunch of them so don't anyone feel slighted!
LOL
Wags

I'm not pissed or anything... just that this light has features I want. Mainly the dim thing and recharge thing. Recharge is easy enough, but the dimmer thing seems to be a hold up.
Maybe I need a HUD light for scanning.
Wags

Back