Anonymous poacher taunts Idaho wildlife agents from Everett?

Probbaly gonna get flamed for this but here it goes..

No body likes a poacher, they give all of us a bad name but in all actuality dead is dead, I really dont see what difference it really makes and unless you have had hunting property stolen, or had property damage I really dont see the point in making a big deal about it, Live and let live

Originally Posted By: getfoxyProbbaly gonna get flamed for this but here it goes..

No body likes a poacher, they give all of us a bad name but in all actuality dead is dead, I really dont see what difference it really makes and unless you have had hunting property stolen, or had property damage I really dont see the point in making a big deal about it, Live and let live

Poaching could include:
Hunting out of season
Hunting after legal hours
Hunting without a legal license
Taking protected game
Hunting Closed areas
etc. what do you condone?

I dont condone any of it..point is they know the consequences when they do it, Im not here to judge, or enforce the laws, or tattletale.

Someone shoots someone, rapes someone, beats someone, drug trafficking, etc thats worth complaining about..shooting a deer with a flashlight is not.

Wait till they get pissed off enough to bring in the bigboys to find this guy.

They found the uni bomber.

This guy is gonna be well done.

Originally Posted By: ozzyI wonder if Mr. Poacher licked the envelope?

Thats what I'm talking about, Mr. Ozzy
thumbup1.gif

The big boys!

Well all I can say is he's a pretty crappy poacher. Seriously if you are going to be that stupid, why risk it with a dink sized antelope? What's he going to poach next some fingerling trout?

Originally Posted By: Ursus21Well all I can say is he's a pretty crappy poacher. Seriously if you are going to be that stupid, why risk it with a dink sized antelope? What's he going to poach next some fingerling trout?

laugh.gif
I can see the pic now. They'll be in a skillet over a fire with some lemon, butter and onions.
grin.gif

Everybody is allowed their opinion Getfoxy, shouldnt get flamed for having one. Although i do not agree. Here in MT we have to deal with a ton of other ethical hunters, wolves, lions, and coyotes all hunting the increasingly dimished public land and big game animals, and we just cant allow poachers here to take even more animals on top of it because at least competeing with the other predators we have a fighting chance, but a guy in a truck with a light at night, or shooting out of season, or without a tag ( or one of the other million ways to poach) does not have the same constraints of laws and morals that hold ethical hunters like me back. Just my .02

Fin

just a thought but did anyone read the comments below the article, they were all talking about how hunter are abunch of idiots, my guess is the letter came from a bunny hugger just wanting to stir the pot, just a guess

Getfoxy,

Call it flaming or not, but I fully disagree with you. Poaching is against the law. Also that is stealing from me and every other hunter out there. Those animals that were poached result in one less animal for honest law abiding citizens to hunt. It is taking from me and every other person out there. Mainly because wildlife belong to the people, not the state, landowners, etc. They belong to us all. So in essence when someone takes an naimal illegally it does hurt us.

Add to the fact that most of the west is having major issues with predators, poaching, and all the other factors effecting the numbers and it gets pretty bad. In the west there are many people who only get to hunt every couple years. Infact most of the antelope tags around here are taking residents anywhere from 5-15 years to draw. Now if people were to paoch a bunch of antelope out, then it would result in there being a decrease in tags and an even longer time to draw a tag. This does effect, it limits my opportunity to hunt. It takes an animal that I would legally and ethically have a chance to kill.

I am not sure of your age, but when I was younger I thought why does it matter. Why should I care if Montanna has a wolf problem? Why should I care if the ban trapping, I dfo not trap? Why should it matter if a animals rights person is posing as a poachers to make hunters look bad? As I have grown and seen how thing are connected, I become increasing involved and worried about about the future of our sport.

While I agree dead is dead there is a huge difference between killed legally and illegally. I can not simply sit around and say it is ok to break laws since it did not effect my property/or myself.

I also think this is someone just trying to stir the pot.

So is poaching wrong if the animal is taken out of season to feed someones family? Not for sport but out of necessity. This is an honest question, not trying to start any fights just curious about what you guys think. The law says it's wrong, I don't agree.

Elks, thank you for your normal response and not flying off the handle. I Totally see your opinion. Really I do. I guess things are a whole lot different around here, we dont have near as many big game animals around here as some of you guys do. We have the whitetail deer which is way over populated.

Just seems if Joe down the road shoots a deer in his field at night, it really didnt effect me or anyone else for that matter considering it was on his property. Public land is a different ball game, but I feel if the animal is killed on your land you have the right to take whatever, whenever, Maybe I should have stated that earlier.

Originally Posted By: Irish_80

So is poaching wrong if the animal is taken out of season to feed someones family? Not for sport but out of necessity. This is an honest question, not trying to start any fights just curious about what you guys think. The law says it's wrong, I don't agree.

OK, IMO,

Animals are lower on the food chain, they are meant to be eaten. Now if a family has nothing and killing an elk, deer, bear, caribou, whatever keeps them alive, then so be it.

However If a man spends his money in bars, hookers, gambling, liquor, bass boats, $40,000 pickups and $1000 rifles, he doesn't need to poach to feed his family.

I personally know people who poach to "feed their families" so to speak, but if he quit hanging out in bars or sold his Expedition and bought a used pick-up he would have more money.

Originally Posted By: getfoxy
Just seems if Joe down the road shoots a deer in his field at night, it really didnt effect me or anyone else for that matter considering it was on his property. Public land is a different ball game, but I feel if the animal is killed on your land you have the right to take whatever, whenever, Maybe I should have stated that earlier.

I can't agree with that at all. Farmers and ranchers around here get free tags to kill deer if they live on the land they hunt, and get tags according to acres owned and family members. But killing anything whenever? Nope.

Back