Fred Eichler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a hater and I'm defintley not jealous. Not of this guy. Like stated above. Past success does not over ride current stupidity. I'm not one to tell anyone how to hunt but I absolutely do not condone fmj as a hunting round. If he is showing coyotes spinning and running them his show does need done professional editing, that does not need to be shown. Acttually it's very contradicting to pm's rules. And it amazes me the number of you who are ok with it . We can't post gore shots because we are afraid how the non hunting folk will perceive us and and it will make things worse but by god we can have a so called pro shoot coyotes with a fmj and go against the biggest rule when it comes to hunting. KILL CLEAN! Which is the exact opposite of what this guy is doing, only it's on national television. Come on people

Why is everybody hating on the guy, he hunts and acts how he wants to just like everybody else would. Last I checked there is no set way to how some one should act when they down an animal. I mean come on, I'm sure any one would love to get paid to hunt no matter how you got to do it. And also last time I checked this forum is about predator hunting and calling and not being a tv show critic, if you don't like the man or his show then don't watch it. Seems to me he is getting more and more famous with all this posting..

Anyway, I like the show and keep up the good work Fred. Do what you do....

I'll repeat it let me know when it sinks in. I'm not a hater and I don't hate the guy. But as a "sportsman and hunter" the number one goal is to take an animal cleanly and quickly. He doesn't do that. And idc if I was being paid. If I was told i had to use fmj's I would tell them where they could stick their contract

Originally Posted By: rockinbbarFred has a pretty good job, I'm sure most of us agree with that....

That being said, I'm sure that Fred would welcome any input that was offered to him about the show. Perhaps he could join up, here and converse with you guys, or perhaps you can get your input to him via e-mail.

predatornation@imoutdoors.com

Either way, he's not going to get your input with your efforts to send him some feedback. And, he's not here to explain some questions asked, so lets not turn it into a free for all without his presence. Fair is Fair.

Positive comments always get more of the desired effect.
thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif

its weird..i just found out fred had a predator show! he is known for completing the "north american super slam" with his recurve. i am an avid traditional archer and love his bowhunting shows. he is a heck of a guide too! just talking with him, you would think he has known you his whole life. but i did catch a clip of predator nation, where he was using fmjs!? not sure what to say on that behalf...i know he traps and sells hides, maybe he thinks other ammo would damage pelts? dont know, i wouldnt trust fmjs though...

Personally, I don't care what someone uses to shoot a coyote. I don't hold the mangy mutt's I shoot in the same esteem as I do other game animals. I suppose I'd have some resentment toward deer if they were eating calves too. So, fmj, HP, hand grenade, or rocket launcher... so long as the coyote takes a bullet it's likely he won't make the winter. A dead coyote is a dead coyote in my book. I don't care to appease the anti's at all. I'd be happier if there were a dead coyote thrown on the porch of every anti in the country. ... but that's just me.

You are speaking against one of our own in a hostile manner foxy. Thusly, it seems like you are a "hater" when reading your posts.

Let me know when that sinks in.

My response to you is that you need to need aquire better hunting ethics. Cockrach or majestic elk. A life is a life. When you take somethings life you do it as cleanly as possible. Call me a hater, I could care less. I call it as I see it

Last edited:
I don't know Fred, I have read some of his stuff, and seen him on tv a few times.
The "FMJ'S" are not a good choice, (in my opinion), but that does not make him a "Bad Guy".
Lots of "good guys" have made mistakes.
If anyone has a "line" to him, extent an "invite".
Maybe he will come on the board, and share his thoughts.

Once again. I have no beef with the guy. I even read his one on one interview in predator nation and he seems like a good guy. But I will not give his show my ratings. You owe it too any animal to kill cleanly. It's part of the game. This guy does not do that. One guy posted that he's now using vmaxes. If he would do this reguarly I would have no problem watching his show

Why would someone use fmj i dont understand why anyone would use fmj's as a hunting round.

Last edited:
I asked him about the FMJ and about joining here,,, on facebook and still havnt heard back from him and thats been around a month now, so i guess its a no go.

I dont think i came off as a hater, but if i did it was not the intention. What i said was he is a heck of a bow hunter, knows what he is talking about, but dumb for using fmj's and in my book his prior sucesses dont make up for that. Nothing more nothing less. everyone that siad it is right, it does not make him a bad guy nor did i say he was or even that i didnt like him or his show. i just dont like the FMJ's. As for how i feel about coyotes or any other animal i have stated that in other post, i think (as in just my personal opinion) that any animal i kill deserves enough respect to not suffer more than necessary, again that is just my take on it. So all in all, Hater?....i think not.

As for jealousy?.....You are dang right i am jelous that others get to hunt for a living and i dont.LOL
smile.gif

I hope he does join. I'm sure we could all learn something. And if I came off as a hater, that was not my intent, but I still stand by what I said

Originally Posted By: getemcloseHey give me a show and let me see how I can do at it!! I think I can teach everyone a whole heck of allot
smile.gif

Haha, Wow I wish!!

You wrote HAha but I don't think your kidding. Your very "confident" and a little cocky. I will give you credit though. You do kill a ton of coyotes.

Originally Posted By: Super White HunterI do enjoy watching predator nation, it’s better than watching another whitetail show. I can't take any more of that.

I hear that man. I love watching hunting but enough with the white tails already. I still watch some of them but only if it is a archery hunt.

Fred acts like a goof once and a while but I don't care. I love watching predator hunting so I have my DVR set to record it everytime it's on.

Originally Posted By: 12RingOriginally Posted By: getemcloseHey give me a show and let me see how I can do at it!! I think I can teach everyone a whole heck of allot
smile.gif

Haha, Wow I wish!!

You wrote HAha but I don't think your kidding. Your very "confident" and a little cocky. I will give you credit though. You do kill a ton of coyotes.

I guess maybe that came out as me sounding cocky. Did not mean it too.. Just merely stating I know I can kill as many coyotes as some of the guys on TV.. Just confidence I guess.. Oh and maybe Im a little jealous of those who get to do it for a living! Lucky guys!!
smile.gif

Last edited:
My comments weren't to be construed as hateful either. All professionals of any field have to "earn" to a degree their rewards, but you will also find that "knowing" the right people will sometimes get you just as far in life...it's called the "big break". I enjoy his show no doubt and will continue to watch, but if you think that a network executive said "Hey, I know of this dude that kills a ton of coyotes....we should give him a show!" That's just crazy talk. If that were the case then Byron South or Randy Anderson would have a show and not just DVD's(not knockin DVD's). Ever heard the phrase "It's who you know, not what you know"?

The man is a fine hunter and knows his stuff, but never did I say anything to the contrary.

Chupa

The man put himself on TV, his choice. With that he is going to take some jabs, deserved or not, its the way it is.
Folks are going to find something wrong with just about anything. Ive not seen the show, so cant comment on the actual content, or the guy.

but, just because I think a guy who hunts on tv acts like a tool, and I say so doesnt make me a Hater, just not impressed with HIS behavior. and the fact that the guy is a hunter doenst automatically make me part of some brotherhood just because we have the same hobby, and therefore be exempt from criticism.

I dont know if I would join up if I were him, really what is the purpose, to defend himself in an internet slap fight? the show has already gotten all the ad time in the few threads that he may want without having to come on.

Though I would doubt the same folks that are tearing him up now, would be willing to do it when he answers back, most change tunes when challenged by regular posters, and this guy is on TV so he is important and deserves our respect.

Ill try and catch his show, Im sure Ill like it, I try to just watch TV and not analyze it, its supposed to be fun right?

Getfoxy,
Is therre some reason that you think every post in here pertains to you and you have a reason to get defensive and reply back to everybody that post on here making a statement in general. I think you are taking it to heart a little to much because I know for one I was not replying or commenting on anything that you had posted I was just speaking in general.

Thanks,
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back