22 squirrel centerfire cartridge

marco

Thinking about having the 22 squirrel round built on a 5mm action does anyone of any experience with the 22 squirrel?

I have a 5mm centerfire and a 22squirrel.I dont think you would be gaining very much going to the squirrel round over the 5mm centerfire.There is a round that uses 22hornet brass the rim is not turned down like the reg 5mm that would be easy to form.

Thanks lex. Yes the one Im looking into is the 22 squirrel it uses 22 hornet brass and I have some of the brass was just wondering if anbody had any experience with loading one and all? Ive shot the 5mmC/F the only problem I saw with the 5mm conversion was the brass. The schroder brass that I shot was pretty ruff and had problems with it hanging up in the chamber. Might have been the rifle don't know? This new squirrel brass looks great and the guy thats making it also uses RWS brass and he said the RWS brass would last a long time. I don't know just looking into it right now moneys tight so it maybe awhile before I decide. ~marco

marco if you want to save money go with the 20 squirrel and keep the factory barrel.I have had great luck with the barrel on my 5mm.The guy you talked to is right the 22 squirrel brass will last forever.I have loaded the same twenty pcs of brass for load developement at least 25 times but i do anneal my cases.the win brass has more capacity than the rem stuff.

Originally Posted By: MPFDHOLY OLD POST BATMAN! I had to look twice when I saw IDBob on there...
Same here. I thought "What the heck!!!"
ohmy.gif

Back