Predator light

I've only heard positive comments about this light.
thumbup1.gif

You can add one more positive comment about it here. I have one and love the fact that I don't have to lug around a battery on my belt. I like the fact that I am not tangled in wires every time I turn around. I love the amount of time it will last on a charge. I love that the thing weighs about 1/2lb and slips in a pocket instead of taking up a hand that I could be using to carry something else. I like the fact that I can use it without a red filter (Not quite sure why but it doesn't seem to bother them). It is plenty bright at its small size. Did i like the price- not really but its one more toy for me to play with- bottom line I have one and if I lost it tonight I would probably go get another to replace it. It just works just great.

Add me to the list of positive comments. I love this little light and use it every night. Handiest thing in my arsenal.

Tony

ive got a 170 light force now,its just so big and bulky.
i hate to buy a something else if i dont know for sure its as good if not better.i can see a long ways with the light force.

bobeano, don't buy it thinking that it is going to be the same as your lightforce. It isn't. That would be an engineering feat along the lines of a perpetual motion machine. It is plenty bright for what most will use it for. If you are expecting a Lightforce replacement/equal, keep on looking. If you want to ditch the wires, batteries and hassle, you have found your light. When i ditched the 170 and first used the Pred light it was like walking out of a sauna and having the fresh, cool air hit you. prep times to start a stand are cut to nothing. Put your hat on, grab your call, seat and sticks and go.

Predator light is a pretty good light. It's compact, light, no wires, no battery packs, and seems like it runs for forever. Only down side I have against it that the red filter cuts the light alot. The amber seems to be a little brighter than the red filter. I only use it for scanning as a headlamp on a soft cap. Works great.

Originally Posted By: hillbilly1 I only use it for scanning as a headlamp on a soft cap. Works great.
This was my plan to start with I have a pretty bright LED for shooting mounted on the AR.
So, buy it is what I am hearing?
Thanks
Wags

Originally Posted By: hillbilly1Predator light is a pretty good light. It's compact, light, no wires, no battery packs, and seems like it runs for forever. Only down side I have against it that the red filter cuts the light alot. The amber seems to be a little brighter than the red filter. I only use it for scanning as a headlamp on a soft cap. Works great.

Ditch the filter and give it a try. I don't even own a filter for mine and I have no problems with spooking anything that comes in. So far that includes Cats, Fox, Coyotes, Deer, Cows, Coons, Skunks(Might have liked it to spook that),State Troopers, ENCON Officers. (The white does seem to draw in the last 2 a little more though.) Cant explain it but a filter is not needed.

i hunt alone a lot so the compact part is great,are they bright enough you can scan and shoot with it,when used on a baseball cap?
its my understanding they dont spoke game without red lens on.

ive been tempted to try with out the filter on my 170,but i am scared lol,its not like we get predators to come in near as much as out west.
ive seen it done on tv,and know not to shine it wright in there face,but still scared lol

Your 170 is not a Cree LED. Both my Cree and my Predator light are LEDs. the 170 without a filter with almost always spook game. Both my lights have sort of a bluish tint to the light. Dont really know what the difference is but it works. White is so much brighter and increases the distance you can see

think im gonna opt for the 300 lumin led with spot to flood... on ebay...takes the 18650 battery...and try it before i spend on the predator light...some hunters have killed 2 fox that i have heard so far n PA with the PL should not be much different...than ohio....we tryed white leds on coon and possums last year and didnt have good results but that was a very pressured area we were hunting......when you found the animal it was plenty of light to see to shoot...but nothing lights up eyes like a red filter for me...not having wires would make it easier to get around...in and out of the vehicle...also i think there are gun barrel mounts for the PL...or will work with it...

Last edited:
Not every LED will work with out a filter, don't know what the difference is though. Maybe someone more technical can shed some light-pun intended.

lol...just talked to a buddy not certain if these lights are going the right direction or not...im 49 in a few weeks....from the time i was 9 to 15 we had tons of fox....greys would near run you over....i cant remember how many i killed with a dim chrom 2d flashlight....

we raise hounds and i always wanted to fox hunt instead of coon hunt...wish we had 10% of the fox we had then....

with more predator hunters here in PA. every year seems they hang up alot further downwind...so we made a mp3 player setup that howls every 10 minutes so we can get 100 to 300 yards downwind....its are silent hunting buddy....

also i believe these guys numbers but here in PA....the fur season has been in a month...every night in our area we have deer spotters with there kids...burning our fox and coyotes....maybe why the white spooks them so much...not certain...

Last edited:
Back