Pelosi's Delusion

NM Leon

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) will host a reception Wednesday afternoon on Capitol Hill to celebrate "The accomplishments of the 111th Congress," according to an invitation sent out Monday.

The event will offer congressional Democrats, many of whom will not be returning to Congress next January, an opportunity to reflect on the party's legislative victories over the past two years. These have included the passage of major healthcare reform, financial regulatory reform, and climate and energy legislation.

Not likely to be lost on attendees, however, is that the unpopularity of many of these "accomplishments" among voters went far to contribute to a wave of Democratic losses in last week's mid-term elections, in which Democrats lost control of the House and their majority in the Senate was weakened.

There may also be a secondary motive for the timing of such an event: Pelosi has announced her intention to seek the position of minority leader in the 112th Congress, which she will likely win.

The reception is scheduled to take place at 3:30 p.m. in the Caucus Room, 345 of the Cannon House Office Building.

gm10111320101114010134.jpg

Quote:The event will offer congressional Democrats, many of whom will not be returning to Congress next January, an opportunity to reflect on the party's legislative victories over the past two years. These have included the passage of major healthcare reform, financial regulatory reform, and climate and energy legislation.
Misery loves company...An I'm pretty sure Witch Lady Pelosi is feeling a little misery at the election results...

They are fanatics obsessed with shoving their agenda down our throats. What we think of that is of zero interest to them. Even this election will be viewed as only a temporary setback, an aberration caused by conservative knuckle draggers which they will overcome in two more years.
They will just keep coming.

Originally Posted By: Colorado PeteThey are fanatics obsessed with shoving their agenda down our throats. What we think of that is of zero interest to them. Even this election will be viewed as only a temporary setback, an aberration caused by conservative knuckle draggers which they will overcome in two more years.
They will just keep coming.

That's true. I'm thinking that it may be a good thing that she is chosen for Minority Leader. That should keep the voters fired up for the rejection of all democrats in 2012.

Quote:I just saw on CNN that the democrats appointed her as minority leader of the houseShe must have a lot of dirt on most of them...

I'm sure that Charlie Rangle isn't the only Ethics Violator...

Unfortunately the most egregiously liberal Dems (her supporters) come from "safe" districts (like her) and were reelected.

It was the Dem representatives from districts with voters who are smarter than fenceposts that lost.

That leaves the Dem caucas in the house much more liberal than it was. Fortunately they are a small enough minority that even if they manage to snipe some RINOS on a given issue (less likely given how liberal those remaining Dems are), they shouldn't be able to overcome the Rep majority.

Back