Reloads won't chamber in AR

Originally Posted By: zillaRead what I posted.. I said he MAY need SB dies.. Then carefully read the rest of what I posted..

I did read what you posted. ......

rolleyes.gif

Last edited:
Could be the chamber is on the minus (-)side of the specs for RRA PP and the FL sizing dies may be on the Plus (+) side of the specs. Not saying it is the problem, but there is a SMALL, SMALL chance.

I have a RRA PP and use standard FL sizing dies with no problems.

More than likely his sizing die is not set properly, that would be my first guess.

DAB

Call me crazy, but when Ive had chambering problems in my short ammount of reloading time. I check case length, and then I also measure the outside of the case, just below the neck, and all the way to the bottom. If I havent got the dies set right, the bottom of the case is larger than it should be. An adjustment normally cures it. Good Luck.

It sure can ruin your day when that bolt slams shut on a case not properly sized. That's something you can't deal with very well if it happens on a remote SD dogtown.

Originally Posted By: muskrat30 It sure can ruin your day when that bolt slams shut on a case not properly sized. That's something you can't deal with very well if it happens on a remote SD dogtown.

True. It happened to me once. Bolt locked on a round that was frozen in the chamber. It's even tough when you're withing 5 miles of the house.
wink.gif
A 2x2 board and discretionary use of a small hammer on the charging handle will usually free it up.

Something else that generally works if you dont happen to have a 2X2 and a hammer is while maintaining muzzle control pull back on charge handle while bumping the butt of the rifle on the ground, If you have a collapsible stock make sure it is collapsed to its shortest position. There is a actual term for this type of clearing method although I dont recall it at this time.

Back