Crows.......and lots of them

Tyler15

Is anyone else experiencing large groups of crows flying to roosting sites during late afternoon and early evening? Im in Burlington now and I just had a few hundred crows fly past. Its been happening this time everyday for probably a week now. Just thought it was pretty cool to see and was wondering if anyone else was seeing this in other places.

I have seen a few groups but nothing like you have. Groups of 30 maybe a few more or less. I've worked the past two weeks straight but I plan on reducing their numbers this wknd. Secret weapon should be here Friday.

Good Luck to Ya

Yep, I saw hundreds flying toward a roost late one evening last week.
I haven't seen that many together since I was turkey hunting close to a roost in Alabama a few years ago.

Originally Posted By: Tyler15Is anyone else experiencing large groups of crows flying to roosting sites....

Yes, they are roosting here in Conn. River Valley.
Keep watching them. The roost will move around a bit.
A good map will help you plan a hunting set up.
Set up on a flyway and call them in but don't shoot them right in or near the roost.
Looks like your season is over until spring.
Early Crow Season Mar 14 2011 - Apr 30 2011
Late Crow Season Aug 16 2011 - Oct 29 2011
Crow hunting is fun.

PC

Yeah Im at school no with no guns with me so I wouldnt be able to after them even if the season were open. Plus I would have to travel a little ways to get out of the urban environment. I just thought it was interesting....I have never seen that many before but probably 3 or so days after I originally posted they all disappeared.

Originally Posted By: Tyler15..... 3 or so days after I originally posted they all disappeared.

They probably didn't disappear the roost just moved a short distance. Sometimes a few miles.
Keep your eyes on the sky and follow the birds to the new location. It helps to have a car. It's probably not far away.
They will be flying from their feeding areas to the roost.
Have fun.
PC

You should drive thru Yuba City CA. just before dark. I bet if you set there for an hour you would see thousands, there are driving building owners nuts.

Nothing beats the trigger time and excitment of a good crow shoot!!!!
thumbup1.gif

Back