Can anyone recommend a good adjustable shotgun sight?

scramjet_86

I've got a Remington 11-87 that somehow has shifted point of aim. I've been trying to find an adjustable sight to mount on the vent rib that holds up to the rigors of hunting and stays zeroed. I have used some of the cheaper plastic type sights out there and have been very dissapointed in their quality. Recently, I have looked at either a Williams "slugger" fire sight or a Truglo pro series magnum gobble dot. Both of these sight appear to be made out of metal and look like they have a solid mounting system. I simply need a sight that is adjustable for windage and elevation that can reliably hold zero. Any suggestions?

I took my barrel to a gunsmith and said "here you go, I need some solid sights" I came back in a week later to an all steel custom peep sight set up that was just on the barrel. Has worked great for me.
DafUnk

Originally Posted By: beaglerWould you consider using a red dot scope?

I wouldn't... but I might consider the Burris Fast Fire II. That is a pretty slick little sight.

I like the look of the Burris speed bead, but $250 is a lot to shell out right now. As far as red dot scopes, I would rather have something lower profile. Shotgun will primarily be used to hunt coyotes in the fall/winter and turkeys in the summer. Thanks for the input.

I only use my 12ga for turkey/coyote. My Aimpoint 9000sc sits pretty low. I did put a Benelli high comb on my stock though. On my Mossberg I used a Beartooth comb riser. I love the red dot for hunting at night and spring gobbler hunting as well.
P7270239.jpg

P7270238.jpg

^ all of these look like quality optics but if you want to stick with rifle sights (I prefer them on my shotty) go to midway and search "rib sights" I had a set from there on an 1100 and absolutely loved them! They just went onto the rib and with some loctite they never moved....

I bought a set of Willimas fire sights. They seem a quality item. I haven't mounted them...I bought them for spring turkey. I read a ton of reviews and they were very favorable to the fire sights and not so good with the truglo.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeDiff chokes/loads will change poi.
Before I put sights on I'd have the stock shimmed or barrel tweaked.

I'll go along with the part highlighted in red. The other part not so much..

Tweak the barrel or shim the stock for one load, then have to tweak it back, shim it back or tweak different or shim different for another load? Yikes.

The tweak or shim method may be OK if you are going to be using the same load all the time. But if not.........

Last edited:
The problem seems to be fairly consistent through several shot/choke combinations. Not sure how exactly it has happened, but the center of the shot pattern is about a foot left at 40 yards. I cannot tell that the barrel is bent or that anything else is wrong; the gun still patterns good just throws to the left. I "corrected" the problem this spring with a set of cheap adjustable sights, however I'm not satisfied with the quality and the ability to hold zero.

I've looked at the Williams fire sights and they appear to be what I'm looking for. I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks guys.

Back